Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sizzix Big Shot Pro and Big Shot Pro Westminster >

Sizzix Big Shot Pro and Big Shot Pro Westminster

Sizzix Big Shot Pro and Big Shot Pro Westminster

Old 12-24-2010, 11:06 AM

But the Studio is Oh so expensive! Definitely not in my budget .:)

I have the June Tailor Shape Cut Pro and it makes strips so easy to cut.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:22 AM

I checked out that website. It is awesome. Thank you for sharing that link.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:29 AM

I just checked out that machine. It looks really cool. I would like to get that one myself but I still would like to have the Sizzix Big Shot Pro. If you check online, you can purchase the dies for around $24.00, smaller ones are less expensive. You can get the machine for around $100.00 if you look around online.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 PM

Sizzix big Shot Pro - Quilters Version is amazing!
check out the store in Canada www.stitchintheditch.com
they have all the fabric cutters and they will advise you on the best one for your needs.
the new vagabond is also on their site - it would be great for my mum who has arthritis and cranking the handle can be an issue at times.

Pity that Accuquilt have such problems with the handle jamming, I would not want that machine now.
The great thing about Accuquilt they have promoted videos and patterns that can all be used with the new fabric cutters.
Dies for the sizzix are cheaper than accuquilt. You have to remember the blades make the price, and the dies are larger for the big shot pro - more cuts more blades.
the small applique dies can be around $10.00- 20.00
so that is not bad at all.
Check it out you might be very surprised and decide to go this route.
The Dies for the Sizzix are all going on sale at this store - I have heard that within the next two weeks there is going to be a sale, if you mail them they will tell you.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:41 PM

I will definitely check that website out. I've been wanting one of these for awhile.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
I have used the Sizzix products in scrapbooking for years and years. The company is wonderful for its products and for its service. The quilting sizzix is now being advertised in quilting magazines, so I'll bet the marketing strategy may have been to let "GO" blaze the trail and test the waters before jumping into the market. Personally, I'd stay with sizzix because I'd be able to use all my dies that I already have - BONUS! (there are also sizzlits dies but I don't think they'd be as good on fabric because they are so thin.
You can usually find the dies on eBay cheap.
Yikes. I love my Sizzix and bought the Original (red, lever type) cutter in 2001 just for quilting. I don't scrapbook. Anyway do not invest in the Sizzlits dies for fabric, they won't cut fabric. I know because I tried. Did some online research and finally found where it said the Sizzlits will not cut fabric. All the other dies work perfectly.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 PM

Not if you look on Ebay. I have found them for as little as $6.95. Keep checking around.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 PM

I got a great deal on the Sizzix Side Kick. It comes with an adapter that is supposed to make most if not all dies compatible. Not as cute as the Accuquilt GO Baby but around the same size. I have quite a bit invested in Sizzix Originals dies and wanted to be able to use their new larger Bigz dies. (I have written a grant to purchase a used quilt shop Accuquilt Studio and the wait is killing me.) Anyway here is a picture of a block using three different Sizzix Originals dies: Flourish, Leaves, and an older Leaves die. I purchase the dies with coupons or when they go on sale at Michaels or JoAnns. I think all the machines have positive merit, but I sure do like the Sizzix die selection the best.

Sizzix fusible applique block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164670[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-164665.jpe
Views:	455
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	164670  
Old 01-20-2011, 06:16 PM

I'm confused! Is the sizzix different from the sizzlit? If so, can you explain. I am interested in buying something to cut strips.
Thanks!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:08 PM

Hi the sizzlits are really thin and small and do not cut fabric - so they seem so cheap but will not work!
the dies called Originals work, dies called Bigz work. The you need the Big Shot Pro for the Bigz Pro size.

I love the big Shot Pro Quilters Version, it takes so many layers of fabric at one crank, cuts perfectly, accurate cuts every time.
Just got a sweet deal from the Canadian online store www.stitchintheditch.com they have great deals until the end of this month.
Our guild have bought one of the Big Shot Pro's from this store and they have invested in many of the quilter dies that they stock for this machine. You can use Accuquilt dies on this machine, but of course the 2.5" strip die is wider and longer on the sizzix version and that is the one that works great for most of us.
The new dies will be released within a week or so, have preordered the large squares and a few others- get an extra 5% off the already discounted price through the newsletter - you can sign up and they will send you your coupon before it expires at end of month.
I am excited at all the great applique gifts I am going to do with the list of dies they have on this site, have two new babies in the family! So we can make the bibs and blankies really special

Hope this helps you understand the difference in the sizzix dies ---- trust me the sizzlits won't work - I tried!!

bye the way the store above have a conversion chart showing all the quilting dies that work with each specific machine, worth checking out, it is on the website, these guys will be really helpful, they use all the fabric cutters and know a great deal more than any other store I have been in touch with.
Oh!almost forgot-- the new Vagabond fabric cutter machine is electric! and takes 12 layers of fabric - it is amazing strong, my mother is getting one from us! Her arthritis stops her from quilting so much, this way - this machine will do the hard work for her, it can take the 6x25" strip cutter for 2.5" strips and all the 2.5 and 3.5 squares and triangles - plus plus. Excited about this little addition.