Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
doesn"t pay attention. >

doesn"t pay attention.

doesn"t pay attention.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:47 AM

Sounds like you have me beat on fabric. I made a New Years resolution not to buy any until I have some of my older stuff sewn up. Well, stopped in the local quilt shop this morning and they were having a sale on fat quarters. So much for that resolution!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 PM

LOL - We thought we would move to something smaller when my son moved out but when I looked into apartments, I only looked at layouts that had at least one "large" bedroom with a large walkin closet for my sewing stuff.... :-)

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I got a suggestion. Once we all run out of space for our fabric...we can always build our houses UPWARDS with another floor. ONLY FOR SEWING. Nothing else. Well maybe a bathroom. :)
Old 01-05-2011, 03:39 PM

My kitchen counter is my cutting table. My mat and cutting tools are at the ready. Oh, to have a designated "studio" for all my sewing needs. Wow, rooms full of fabric IS a lot. Guess I don't have that much fabric after all. Better go buy some!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
My Husband has finally accepted the fact that my 2 story 'sewing room' is actually a fabric storage area. I sew in my dining room. My main dining room table is 17 feet long (I also have 2 8' tables in there, yes, it's a big room). The upside is we keep entertaining so I have to clean up periodically.
LOL My dining ROOM isn"t 17 feet long!!
I hear that!! MY!! What a problem to have. :lol: :lol:
Old 01-05-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
My Husband has finally accepted the fact that my 2 story 'sewing room' is actually a fabric storage area. I sew in my dining room. My main dining room table is 17 feet long (I also have 2 8' tables in there, yes, it's a big room). The upside is we keep entertaining so I have to clean up periodically.
I hear that!! MY!! What a problem to have. :lol: :lol:
My dining room is what I turned into a sewingroom/quilt shop. In the 25 years we have lived here we have never had a formal dinner. We're not a formal dining type family.Everyone wants to eats in the kitchen.I don't have a large family so it works out fine.My used to be dining room is 12'x18' and has a 6' glass showcase,a 4' glass showclass,a computer desk, a sewing desk, and a cutting table.My nephew put everything on locking wheels for me except the computer desk cause he knows how I like to move stuff around.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:15 PM

:) my oh my I do believe you hve an addiction
Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 PM

I'm greeeeeeeeeen with envy over both the storage and amounts of fabric I'm hearing about here.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Have you heard of the TV show, Hoarders? This sounds like a case of FABLE (Fabric Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy) or just plain ADD. Make a list of projects you want to do and get the materials together ... then purge your extra stuff to the nearest quilt group that makes charity quilts. Share the wealth!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:42 PM

I don't even have a place for a small table to eat on, not even in the kitchen, let alone a dining room!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:01 PM

When you said small, I thought you meant SMALL! I have 700' total. Two counters in the kitchen that are 2 feet each, one on either side of the sink. Only one sink. No prep place to speak of. I guess its a matter of perception! I have all my stash in MY closet. I live here with DH and Paws.

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
It is true, no matter how much bigger your house is we will fill it up. My house is only 1500 sq ft and no basements or attics in Arizona. My grandson live with us so I have to stay organized or it gets to me. I have gone up the walls with storage instead or out.