Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Back from quilters with tension issues >

Back from quilters with tension issues

Back from quilters with tension issues

Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 PM

I have learned (THE HARD WAY) to take only one quilt at a time to a machine quilter. That way if there is a problem, the damage is limited to one quilt.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Missi
Everyone thank you for your replies. Unfortunately I can't bitch loud at guild as she is the guild Vice President. When I show the top to people and they ohh and I ahh i do point out the crappy LA job and tell them how disappointed I am and who did it. I also will NOT use her again that is for sure. I might try and guilt trip her into quilting two baby quilts for the guild donation to the hospital.
I know I'm not very good at confrontations, but I really think you should discuss your disatisfaction with her. It really shouldn't matter that she's VP of your guild. She messed up your quilts - quilts that you worked hard on and now are ruined. Anyway, it's not fair to you, your guild, VP's customers, or her either, to accept her inferior work. If noone confronts her about her unacceptable work, she'll keep on churning out unacceptable work and others will suffer as you have. Plus, maybe noone's ever confronted her before & let her know how unprofessional she's been. If not, she may just think it's OK to produce this type of workmanship since noone ever says anything. Anyway, I hope you get your issues resolved with her and I'm sorry it happened to you. :cry:
Old 01-06-2011, 07:57 PM

You would never continue to sew a quilt top if the tension is not right on your machine. If she knew she was having issues she should have corrected them and not continued.

I have be doing long arm quilting for almost three years (Statler by Gammill) and want my customers totally satisfied and happy with the return of there quilts.

I would go back and talk to her, I am certain she knows her work is not acceptable. To make things right she should, frog out all the quilting and stitch it properly.

With that kind of work going out of her shop she will not be in business long. There is nothing better than word of mouth from satisfied customers.

I always go by the "chain theory" for my quilting. Your chain is only as strong as its weakest link. If you have loops and long stitches in the quilting process, they will snag, catch and tear and not last very long.

Go talk to your long arm person and let them know how unhappy you are with her work. You paid good money for less than acceptable work.

Please keep us posted.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:20 PM

It's not acceptable, you should get your money back. I definitely wouldn't go to her again.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:42 PM

She has had 4 chances as I see it. I'm sorry for your disappointment.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 PM

If you remain silent, you are telling her that you either approve of what she did, or are afraid to confront her or that it doesn't matter to you. It will also allow her to do this to someone else. By standing up to her you will hopefully save someone else from this situation, as well as get your situation handled. It shouldn't matter who she is or what position she holds. You were cheated and if you let it go, you will be hurting yourself as well as letting her continue to be dishonest. We're pulling for you. As Red
Green says,"we're all in this together." Let us know how you do.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:49 AM

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! Yes, find someone else and let your guild know about your experience so they can make a better choice before it happens to them.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:31 AM

Totally unacceptable!! I'd find someone else in a heartbeat. You shouldn't be paying for her carelessness.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 AM
A

Run to another long-armer that has great references. She knew what she did, yet to me it is lying not mentioning it to you first. Run, Run!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 AM

the same thing happened to me but my quilter is a friend . i did mention that it wasn't right but she did nothing about it. I am looking for a new quilter i will never deal with friends again . Friends are hard to come by so i won't lose one for a quilt.