Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
no call.......now why would he have saved the engraved watch I gave him, tell both his cousins he was calling, he still has all those feelings says he is calling tonight and doesn't. when will I learn that my life is nothing but 1 disappointment after another.

I am taking Missy's advice I am going to bed I am ending this day. I waited 24 hours since my BFF told me last night he was calling tonight. Why do I set myself up for this?
Hang in there. Maybe he is afraid.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
no call.......now why would he have saved the engraved watch I gave him, tell both his cousins he was calling, he still has all those feelings says he is calling tonight and doesn't. when will I learn that my life is nothing but 1 disappointment after another.

I am taking Missy's advice I am going to bed I am ending this day. I waited 24 hours since my BFF told me last night he was calling tonight. Why do I set myself up for this?
Oh Tru I am so sorry he did not call. Maybe he is scared of what you might think of him after all these years. Who knows? I know that regardless of whether you and him are in a relationship together or not, you are still one amazing person who has raised two amazing children. You have started something on this board that is/has helped countless people. You have made my life have more meaning because you are in it.

Thank you for always being you. And, yes, when the day gets too long or too hard, do what is in your power. End the day and go to bed. Tomorrow all of that mess might still be there but you will be refreshed and better able to deal with those issues.

Love ya girlie!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Lauriejo thank you so much for the laugh. The menopause has kicked in and I feel like killing someone. I've been trying to control it because it's my only DD's 17th Birthday today. If little man says mommy for no reason again I might just snap. Is it bed time yet?
Carrie I feel your pain. My mother is nonstop Missy-this and Missy-that. Ugh. Does she not know that a daughter just needs a break sometimes???

Missy
It's amazing what 10 minutes alone and a smoke can do for a person. LOL!!
Yeah I understand. It is like you hit refresh on your browser. Now you are better able to deal with the insanity that comes with parenting.

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
2 ounces of dark chocolate a day is permissible for those who love chocolate. It's what the Dr's recomend. It's supposed to be good for you.
It is good for you. So is a glass of red wine. But I can never just stop at two ounces so I try to do things different like frozen cherries or grapes. So so good. If you have never had a frozen cherry or a frozen grape you are missing out!

There are 17 grapes in a serving size. That is a lot of grapes and really makes a nice snack when frozen.

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
Cindy, I know SAD is a scary thing. When we lived in Louisville,KY it was all I could do by Feb. to get out of bed and drag myself to school [not a good place for the teacher!] I covered it too thinking, man what is wrong with me? Then we moved back to FL [7 min. from the Gulf, not a beach bunny but many great things about living here]. I was amazed that first winter! It was like I was on drugs 8-)! I wear sunscreen ALL the time, but those rays really make a difference in my moods! Have you looked into one of those lights that helps with SAD? Doing all I can to ship some sunshine your way!
I am originally from Mississippi and moved to Texas when I was 8 and then to Colorado at 40 so I have always lived in lots of sunshine and this is killing me.We are looking at moving to FL. when we retire but that won't be for another 12 years.I am looking at getting a light box and I have started to take more D3,something has got to give or I will eat and sleep my life away here in the winter. Cindy
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Cindy,
I suffer from SAD also. If I don't have my sunshine, I don't do anything. Today I took a shower for the first time in 3 days...just cannot get myself together.

I count on ya'll to help motivate me to move...
I so understand,now I just have to get motivated.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:49 PM

Thanks for all the laughs. Wow things sure are moving along on this thread. After I've read them all I forget all the things I wanted to respond to.

Missy I'm going to try the mac and cheese just went to safeway and bought the ing. Thanks.

Tru I'm so sorry John didn't call. Hope he calls soon.And if he's not interested he lets you or someone else know. It's so hard to keep guessing what's going on with someone else. You feel like you are on a roller coaster.

I had a good day lots of movement and stayed within my cal. range. Off to bed thanks for being here everyone.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by Cybrarian
Cindy, I know SAD is a scary thing. When we lived in Louisville,KY it was all I could do by Feb. to get out of bed and drag myself to school [not a good place for the teacher!] I covered it too thinking, man what is wrong with me? Then we moved back to FL [7 min. from the Gulf, not a beach bunny but many great things about living here]. I was amazed that first winter! It was like I was on drugs 8-)! I wear sunscreen ALL the time, but those rays really make a difference in my moods! Have you looked into one of those lights that helps with SAD? Doing all I can to ship some sunshine your way!
I am originally from Mississippi and moved to Texas when I was 8 and then to Colorado at 40 so I have always lived in lots of sunshine and this is killing me.We are looking at moving to FL. when we retire but that won't be for another 12 years.I am looking at getting a light box and I have started to take more D3,something has got to give or I will eat and sleep my life away here in the winter. Cindy
Hang in there Cindy. I really understand what it feels like to not be able to get out of bed. It is not easy but the winter will pass and hopefully you will feel better soon. I think retirement in FL sounds awesome!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by bronald
Thanks for all the laughs. Wow things sure are moving along on this thread. After I've read them all I forget all the things I wanted to respond to.

Missy I'm going to try the mac and cheese just went to safeway and bought the ing. Thanks.

Tru I'm so sorry John didn't call. Hope he calls soon.And if he's not interested he lets you or someone else know. It's so hard to keep guessing what's going on with someone else. You feel like you are on a roller coaster.

I had a good day lots of movement and stayed within my cal. range. Off to bed thanks for being here everyone.
You are welcome! Let me know what you think about it after you make it!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Hang in there Cindy. I really understand what it feels like to not be able to get out of bed. It is not easy but the winter will pass and hopefully you will feel better soon. I think retirement in FL sounds awesome!
Missy

Thanks Missy you would never know it but I have a h*ll of a sense of humor,ask Tru,I was a wild woman at Pole dancing and then winter set in.....