Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wedding Ring Quilt >

Wedding Ring Quilt

Wedding Ring Quilt

Old 01-07-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zebra2
My only suggestion is to find someone who has an AccuQuilt and the Double Wedding Ring die. It has all of the notches on the curved pieces that need to match up. The first step is getting it cut out very accurately. If I recall correctly you can make one without all of the pieces in the rings, just one piece...and that's about all I know!
There is one that has asolid piece because I have a quilt made with only solid circular pieces. or instructions. Don't have the pattern could possibly get the pattern. If you would like me to check, pm me and let me know.The old lady that made my quilt will let me have the pattern I am sure. She hand sewed the pieces and I am sure there are no instructions.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 PM

I failed to add to my earlier response that it took me 9 months to make my quilt, at least 3months to cut and sew the top. I would not encourage you to start if you don't have more time. If that is what you want to do wrap up a block and give as a gift in progress get rid of the pressure!
Traditional
Old 01-07-2011, 02:05 PM

i've been wanting to make one for years. with the solid arcs but still dont want to hand cut. i have the fabric and can't wait till i can save enough for the accu die. go for it. usually if you think you can do something, you can.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:13 PM

I just watched this from Kaye and will pass on to my friend that had templates and was having a hard time for her sisters quilt, Needless to say her sister did not get that DWR but a different pattern. Thank You.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Originally Posted by labtechkty
Hello, my son is getting married Feb,2012 and I would like to make a Wedding Ring Quilt for them...as I am a novice quilter (and know that this quilt is for advanced quilters) I would like the easiest way to go about making one. Anyone have any suggestions?
Look for a copy of the book with tool, "Rings That Bind" by Cheryl Phillips. That is the absolute easiest & quilt as you go Double Wedding Ring quilt there is. There was a wallhanging tutorial on HGTV, too if you want to try before buying.

Quilt Smart makes a fusible foundation kit that you might also want to check out.
The "Rings That Bind " is great.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 PM

I have the Double Wedding dies for my Accuquilt!!! PM me if you want help!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by merry
I bought a great kit for the Double Wedding Ring by Sharlene Jorgensen that has a book of step by step directions & includes 8 acrylic templates. It even has yardage charts & supply lists for different sizes. I bought it at JoAnne's.
Hope this helps.
I also have these templates & directions. I didn't have any trouble doing the quilt with these templates. It was much easier than the first double wedding ring quilt I made. That was before rotary cutters, when you cut one piece at a time using templates made from sandpaper and drawing around them and cutting one piece at a time. I would highly recommemd this set of templates.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:41 PM

I made mine from the Quilt Smart kit and it was very simple. The fusible product can be puchased at your LQS and so you can make any size--not just what the kit allows you to make. I made mine using the 30s fabric and love the way it turned out. The template is included in the kit and the cutting and sewing is very easy since the fusible product has the exact curve you need. If I knew how to post pictures on here, I would post a picture for you.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:20 PM

First quilt I ever made was a double wedding ring quilt. I didn't know a thing about quilting and thought the design was pretty. Made it through alright. Its all downhill from there.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:36 PM

Eleanor Burns has a great method and set of templates.