Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM

Woohoo great going everyone! So many are doing Well! Even no increase is success as well as getting rid of that cycle stuff. That is a good example of really paying attention to your body and knowing weight gain is temporary. Keep it up everyone!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:22 PM

Missy that is awsome your doing so well. Don't feel bad about how you got heavy just think how much better you feel each day.
Today I did get my walk in and so far I have eaten healthy. Had a 100 cal. english muffin with tbsp of peanut butter and a orange and coffie for breakfast then lunch was 1/2 cup cottage cheese and some leftover turkey and half an apple and dinner was a bowl of soup and half a turkey sandwich. If I eat dessert it will be sugar free jello.
Remclave those pesky pounds will drop off in a few more days. It happens to me to and I'm closer to 70 than 60 I still be hot flashes too.
Jennifer that is the sweetest turtle can't wait to see more.
Wish you all a good nights sleep and a wonderful tomorrow
Gail
Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I went to the hospital today to weigh and thank goodness I did!! My scale did not weigh me correctly. I now weight 391.1 pounds. That means that since January 1 I have lost 8.9 pounds!! This month is starting off good and with the exercise I have been doing I think things are finally starting to pay off for me.

Next week I begin yoga and I am very happy about that. I will continue to walk the two miles 3x a week at the indoor pool.

SOOO...YEAH!!! The surgeon said today that I could lose 15-20 pounds this month because of my base weight and the activity/nutrition plan that I am following!!! I am so happy about that!!

Oh well. I am so glad to finally have some good numbers to report. I started out at 466.00 and now I am at 391.1!! I am a happy girl tonight!

Missy
That is great, Missy. I am proud of you, girl. You will love yoga. Although I haven't been for 3 wks. I enjoy it very much. I started with a class on the floor and decided I'm too old to get up and down as easy as the younger ones, so have joined a yoga class for older or disables people. That is, using a chair to help me along.

I really need to start walking because my neighborhood is good for the "rear" as we have up and down hills. I just have not been motivated to walk yet.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 PM

I'm proud of everyone doing so good!! Missy, don't beat yourself up about your size. Sometimes I feel the same way, but we are on the right track to getting ourselves healthier. Focus on how great you are doing and the positive of your successes, big or small. I'm very proud of you!!! Working for attys, we have had several people come in that had the lap band and had LOTS of complications. I had thought about having it done myself, but after hearing their stories and seeing their medical records, there is NO WAY I would go that route. If you can do this without surgery, that would be great. Keep up the good work. Stay away from the room with the food tonight during the poker tournament. Hang in there. You've got a whole pile of friends here routing for you!!!! Sandy
Old 01-07-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
Missy are you considering bariatric bypass ?? I know several people who have been sucessful with the lap band and its less invasive.

I give you lots and lots of kudos for losing on your own, its a hard long road but in the end much safer than other methods. Congrats on your loss so far.

I havent dared get on the scales yet, usually I can tell if I am losing but for some reason I am not getting it yet. I am just hoping its because I have started back to regular excerise and my muscles are storing water/fluid for repair. they are certainly sore. I cant beleive how fast you can lose muscle tone, its only been a few months and I feel like its been a few years since I have worked out. I wont do this to myself again.
I went through the preliminary process to have the lap band. My mom had the lap band done 18 months ago.

I really am trying hard to do this on my own and not with surgery. I know it will take me much longer but the things that my mom has gone through is something I really do not want to happen to me.

Missy
I had bariatric bypass about 15 months ago and lost almost 80 pounds. Right now I am having a terrible time with craving sweets and the weight is starting to come back. I don't know how to fight it. I am one of the fortunate ( or unfortunate) people who got along so well and had no troubles after the surgery. I do not have the "sugar dumps" so many people get and I can eat any thing if I eat slow. The only problem is Chinese food and meat and I am fine with a few bits of that. I need help with the sugar cravings, big time!!!! Any thoughts?
Old 01-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Nannly Sandy "I am thrilled........I have lost 5.7 lbs. YEAH ME!!!!!!!"

Wow! Doing a happy dance here. That's really great keep it up. There's just no motivater like results. Whooo Hooo
Old 01-07-2011, 07:22 PM

[. I'm planning on making each bordering fabric a bright color so it'll be a rainbow. What do you think?[/quote]

I love the turtle it's so cute. But you better keep it away from this bunch you never know what they will do with a turtle. lol
Old 01-07-2011, 07:27 PM

[quote=trupeach1]I am still cleaning my room and found 5 new pairs of size 8 jeans from penneys the tags are still on them. they were $30 I paid $4.99 my goal is to fit into them by the end of the year.[/quote

You can do it you're half way there. Go Tru Go Tru Go Tru lol
Old 01-07-2011, 07:29 PM

Oh well. I am so glad to finally have some good numbers to report. I started out at 466.00 and now I am at 391.1!! I am a happy girl tonight!

Missy
Whoo Hoo so proud of you. You're doing great. You can do it.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 PM

I had at one time considered Lap Band surgery but my medical insurance only covers stomach stapling. There's NO FREAKING WAY that I'm having more parts cut out of me! So I opted to go the route of time, patience and perseverance. However, for anyone who has to go through either procedure, take good care of yourself afterward.

I was lucky to have a LAVH (Laprascopic-Assissted Vaginal Hysterectomy) in 1994 (still have my ovaries, hence still cyclic) so no big scar across my belly. So all I have are 4 punctures that pretty much disappeared after a few years.