Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am still cleaning my room and found 5 new pairs of size 8 jeans from penneys the tags are still on them. they were $30 I paid $4.99 my goal is to fit into them by the end of the year.
Tru, I am positive that you will be wearing those size 8's by the end of the year if not before. You are doing good - and being consistant with watching your food and eating healthier.

Can hardly wait to see that picture,

Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 PM

Missy, Congratulations on your weight. We are proud of you, keep up the good work. Yeah, those lap bands can produce some nasty side affects. Lynne
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 PM

Just because I don't post, I'm here and just love reading and listening to all of you and sharing your sadness and joys and ups and downs. Keep it going gals. I love you all and am also fighting the battle of the bulge and will never be offended by anyone's posting. Just remember that even though I don't post, I am still part of you all! God Bless!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:20 PM

I am craving sweets, too, but avoided them today. I think if I just get through a couple of weeks without them I'll be ok, but the temptation right now is driving me nuts!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Banned

I am having hot cocoa and going to sleep. I use 1/2 packet of cocoa and a small pretty cup. It is only about 4 oz but it is nice, warm, creamy and only 50 calories. yummooo
Old 01-08-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Love the turtle Jennifer-sooo cute!!!
Keep on truckin everyone-one foot in front of the other and plent of water :-)
Way to go Missy!!! So happy for you.
I have lost 6 pounds since January 1 and I think the water versus soda has a huge part in that!
HUgs
April
Oh my that is great! How did you give up soda?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:08 AM

Missy I am so glad to hear you are going to try to accomplish the weight loss without surgery. There are always so many risks with any kind of surgery. I don't ever have good luck with anesthetic, damn near kills me every time.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Love the turtle Jennifer-sooo cute!!!
Keep on truckin everyone-one foot in front of the other and plent of water :-)
Way to go Missy!!! So happy for you.
I have lost 6 pounds since January 1 and I think the water versus soda has a huge part in that!
HUgs
April
Oh my that is great! How did you give up soda?
Thank you! I was stunned to see it and had to check it three times. I know it will slow down and I am okay with that. As long as I loose or don't gain I feel I am going in the right direction. As far as the soda I set my mind to it really. I would have one every day with lunch just for something other than water but that one was enouh to sabotage me. I determined that my health is far more important to me than that one soda a day so I let it go-cold turkey I guess you could say :-)
Missy you should be so very proud of yourself! Surgery can go either way and you are to be commended for trying to do it on your own.
HUgs
April
Old 01-08-2011, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Jill
I am craving sweets, too, but avoided them today. I think if I just get through a couple of weeks without them I'll be ok, but the temptation right now is driving me nuts!
It took me about 30 days or so to get past the cravings. I just kept telling myself it's not good for you. Now everyonce in a while I get a craving but it passes quickly. You can do it too. If it gets real bad have a piece of dark chocolate because it's better for you. Hang in there.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by Jill
It took me about 30 days or so to get past the cravings. I just kept telling myself it's not good for you. Now everyonce in a while I get a craving but it passes quickly. You can do it too. If it gets real bad have a piece of dark chocolate because it's better for you. Hang in there.
One of the best tips about avoiding cravings came from a friend of mine who lost 60lbs... she said that when ever she was tempted, or say... went to a restaurant or a friends house where food was served. She'd get cravings... so she thought to herself that 'I already know that that tastes like, I've had it before... it's nothing new or special....'. After a time, it got to be a habit for her, and she found herself thinking 'so what?' when offered an ice cream or whatever.

I tried her concept... on ice cream! And let me tell you that it works. It does. Really. My husband and his family are all skinny as rails... and they eat a dish of ice cream EVERY night after dinner. (I kid you not). So I just started telling myself that 'it was nothing I hadn't ever tasted before, that it was the same as the others and no great thing' etc. After a while, I've come to not even THINK about it while they're all chowing. Been able to do the same thing with CHOCOLATE too!