behavior problem question

Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 PM

More Grandmas like you might reduce the growing problem of bullying in schools today! Good job!!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 AM

what if he were 16 instead of only 8? One time my son stole a candy bar in a store. at home I seen, back to store we went, I asked the clerk to really let him have it (he was 5) at first she said she couldn't I said if he was 16 what would you do? My son never stold again. I think our children need lessons in life to carry them throug. Yelling and spanking do nothing but teach anger. I am proud of you for the lesspn learned.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 AM

you did the right thing.kids need to now right from wrong and the sooner the better .
Old 01-09-2011, 01:55 AM

Had another thought.we had company a girl of 9 and a boy of 7 . I had reason to reprimand him and to this day he still remembers it .How else will they learn if we dont teach them .If you cant control them at that age god help you when they are in their teens . Balanced with love discipiline is what all children need ,bless `em all . Dont know which I dislike more, badly behaved children or animals Stick to it I say .Rant over.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:03 AM

You did great!!!!
Our children have no concept in this society of respect and responsibility and it is because they are not taught or shown, therefore, you should speak to his parent that is biologically yours and remind them of when they was a child and how you taught them consequences!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
what if he were 16 instead of only 8? One time my son stole a candy bar in a store. at home I seen, back to store we went, I asked the clerk to really let him have it (he was 5) at first she said she couldn't I said if he was 16 what would you do? My son never stold again. I think our children need lessons in life to carry them throug. Yelling and spanking do nothing but teach anger. I am proud of you for the lesspn learned.
I have done that many times with my now 13 year old, the clerks always said it is okay!!! She was 4 and 5 at the time it was a pack of gum and a broken bell from a christmas ornament.
My deal is stealing is taking something that is not yours and it is wrong.
I am 35 and pretty fair but you do not lie, cheat, or steal!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by sisLH
Originally Posted by Qbee
Why did you get flack?? I mean, what was their complaint??
too strong of reprimand
What did they expect you to do? Give him a dirty look? I think that you did very well. I would have done the same thing to any of my nieces, nephews, and when the time comes grandchildren!

TreeFrog
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 AM

I agree with you. I would have done the same...taken to the store with his piggy bank and had him buy the item. If he didn't have enough then he would have to "work" it off doing some chores to help his grandparents. Plus, I wouldn't give the money back to him later. What's done is done. But, I was raised a lot strickter than the children of today.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Totally fair. I'll keep this in mind too. I have a 2 year old grandson who is getting out of hand, in my opinion. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren so I know what 2 year olds are like and it's not the normal "terrible twos". He throws tantrums, screams, etc. At my daughter's graduation he got mad because mama was trying to restrain him from trashing everything on the sit-down dinner table so he forcefully threw a fork and started screaming.

Someone in your GS's life needs to enforce that his actions have consequences. The ones who gave you flak about it are probably the ones allowing him to become a child that will break another's toy in anger.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Banned

indeed not, they have to learn that this behaviour will NOT be tolerated.