Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-09-2011, 08:58 PM

And looky what's for sale locally. Not that I want it or have room or the $$, but a long arm treadle. How cool!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-157041.jpe
Views:	328
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	157046  
Old 01-09-2011, 08:59 PM

Quick question - how does the harp space compare between a 301 and 15-91? I'm still wanting a machine with more space.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Randa
Okay...her she is...and you should see the attachements that came with her! I'll try and get a better pic before the evening is over and the attachements. All of the attachments are a little rusty....and the machine itself is really dirty! Needs to be cleaned oiled and a new belt. Should be a great machine! I'd certainly be willing to make copies of the book. Do you all have attachments also?? I'm missing the quilter guide. I'd really like that and the "self sewer" that is attached to the gauge (different from the quilter guage).
Wow Randa, I love your Davis. And since that is the Davis New Vertical Feed, you will be able to use regular 15x1 needles! What a lucky find! You will love sewing with her!

Nancy
Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay...her she is...and you should see the attachements that came with her! I'll try and get a better pic before the evening is over and the attachements. All of the attachments are a little rusty....and the machine itself is really dirty! Needs to be cleaned oiled and a new belt. Should be a great machine! I'd certainly be willing to make copies of the book. Do you all have attachments also?? I'm missing the quilter guide. I'd really like that and the "self sewer" that is attached to the gauge (different from the quilter guage).
That is so cool Randa! Your machine is a little newer that mine!

Nancy

Could you take a closer photo of the certificate or scan it and send it to me so I can have a copy for my research?

That is a wonderful machine and I am amazed at how well it was taken care of!! You should be very proud.

Billy
Here you go, Billy!!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
And looky what's for sale locally. Not that I want it or have room or the $$, but a long arm treadle. How cool!
OOH, just curious..how much?
(the long arm treadle)
Old 01-09-2011, 09:21 PM

Ok Miz Johnny and Billy I have been sewing with my New Home Light Running machine posted on page 482! Guess, how I did it since that machine takes a special short needle that is extinct? My husband cut off the top of a Schmetz Microtex Sharp needle. It sews perfect! Of course, I have to turn the wheel as it has no motor! What fun!

Nancy

And I love all the pictures of all the machines! I have been busy sewing all day -- when, I finally get time to look into the shop I had 4 pages to read! Wow! Love it!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by whenpigsfly
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Another vintage machine followed me home today. It is a Singer, serial #AH926813, which makes it a 15 but I believe a 15-91. .

Maybe this will help determine model...it compares 15s based on their bobbins
http://www.needlebar.org/main~nb/15chart/index.html

And here's a great review on 15-91
http://blog.sew-classic.com/2008/10/...ne-review.aspx

Great websites, thanks.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Banned

That is a boot and saddle machine if I remember correctly, definitely a neat machine!!

Billy
Old 01-09-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by plainjane
OOH, just curious..how much?
(the long arm treadle)
They're asking $730. I think it's cool!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Sharon, I love the looks of this treadle. I don't think I've ever seen one with a coffin top quite like this one. Is it possibly from England?[/quote]

Miz Johnny,
I don't know. I am so pleased with it, makes treadling so easy; no clanking at all. :-D
The people I bought the coffin top from didn't give me any history on it.
Sharon