Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Book Styel Kindle Cover-Best yet >

Book Styel Kindle Cover-Best yet

Book Styel Kindle Cover-Best yet

Old 01-10-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
The pattern is a copy righted one so I don't think I can do a tute on it. but maybe I can do one on how I did the elastic and sewing the two pieces of fabrics togher and then turning it right side out and such. On the original pattern they sewed in the elastic on the corners by hand and I did not like that. But elaastic can only be found in black or white so I thought covering the elastic in fabric would look better. Will try to work out a tute for covering the elastic and such later. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Fay, It the pattern is copy righted ... what is the name of the pattern and where can it be purchased?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 PM

That is beautiful. I got a Nook for Christmas, will the pattern work for those too?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:19 PM

There is a site where you can get it for free. Now remeber that I made adjustments and such on mine. Here is the site where I got mine
http://www.onepearlbutton.com/2008/1...dle-cover.html
Have fun creating your own kindle covers. After awhile I try to get a tutorial done on how I covered the elastic with fabric and such. Huggies, Fay
Old 01-10-2011, 01:22 PM

I love my Kindle! All the best with yours. Your cover is just beautiful.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:57 PM

There is a site where you can get it for free. Now remeber that I made adjustments and such on mine. Here is the site where I got mine
http://www.onepearlbutton.com/2008/1...dle-cover.html
Have fun creating your own kindle covers. After awhile I try to get a tutorial done on how I covered the elastic with fabric and such. Huggies, Fay
Fay, went to that website (www.onepearlbutton.com) and it says "Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog One Pearl Button does not exist"

Does anyone else know where I can get this pattern?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Well that's where I got it from, but I'll get the other site that has 16 diffrent covers for kindles and I bet the very same one is on that site. Lemme get back to you. Huggies, Fay
Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 PM

Ok here is the site that the 16 kindle covers and ipad cover and the like are. I do beleive it is on this site, just scroll down until you get to kindle covers. good luck, Huggies, Fay

http://tipnut.com/ipad-kindle-covers/

I just checked, the book style one that I made is there and so is the pouch one that I made. All I did on mine was cover the leastic with fabric on mine and changed the tab closure. I don't like elastic and a button so I made my own. You can use tab closures for purses and or create your own style, what ever floats your boat. I'm working on another one now and I want to make the one that is on the moda bakeshop site too...... The link works.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:59 PM

Ok here is the site that the 16 kindle covers and ipad cover and the like are. I do beleive it is on this site, just scroll down until you get to kindle covers. good luck, Huggies, Fay

http://tipnut.com/ipad-kindle-covers/

I just checked, the book style one that I made is there and so is the pouch one that I made. All I did on mine was cover the leastic with fabric on mine and changed the tab closure. I don't like elastic and a button so I made my own. You can use tab closures for purses and or create your own style, what ever floats your boat. I'm working on another one now and I want to make the one that is on the moda bakeshop site too...... The link works.
Thanks, you are not only FAST with a response, you double check your work!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:30 PM

Guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kindle has been shipped!!!!! It will be here on Wednesday!!!!Now I gotta get all my kindles covers done,,,I'm sooo looking forward to it. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....I hope it will fit the covers that I'm working on. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Fantastic idea and very cool cover....still can't come to grips with "kindle"...all those years in the book trade I guess.