Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need help with big decision.. >

I need help with big decision..

I need help with big decision..

Old 01-11-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dawnmarieodya
Lay a piece of LT Sage Green between the square blocks. I know it sounds different because you dont have green except the green with the roses.
I try to put something completely different in the space and use the same for backing.It could have a small tiny print in it like wite has tiny prints in them.Hearts,flowers.Its hard to explain it.I have lots of white with tiny prints that I use as extra when I need something different.Ive seen it in all shades of color.
Funny, I had already bought a light sage for the joiners but I didn't care for it around the blocks, if I had more green in the blocks that would be my choice.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Banned

Yellow!!! (soft)
Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 AM

You either want the fabric to pop and make a point or you want to use your lg squares to make the point .after seeing the blue on your walls.I wouldnt go with burgendry or any pinks.I would go med blue.You will end up with too much blue and you will lose the look your loking for.I would make sure the blue had a sm print in it to add another dimention to the quilt.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:29 AM

I think a little darker blue, Plus you could even pull in a dark burgandy? so many light blues (which are beautiful) but to add one more would wash the beauty of your blocks out. (I think) The wonderful thing abt quilting, IS how do YOU see it. This is your beauty and there is not wrong is your choice. By the way it really is very very preyy. :)
Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 AM

I just looked at the lg qsuares again and the wall.

I would go with a soft white with a sm print in it.
You have a lot of light blue and adding another light blue
will get lost.I worked in a florest and its a lot like quilting you have to add a piece that will draw your eyes to the view you want people to see and one that will make your
bed be you vocal point.Unless you want your walls to be your vocal point.In that case choose the same color as your wall and maybe a shade deeper.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:58 AM

I'd go with a dark or colbalt blue, will make your quilt pop plus will bring your colors in your room together with your quilt!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:16 AM

lay them out and put different color strips between them stand back and choose the one you like the best.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:20 PM

Now that I have seen the wall color I think there is enough blue in the quilt. I love the idea of the burgundy or a white with blue print (perhaps the one you have with the strips) or a white on white.

Beautiful blocks.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:58 PM

I have read several responses to your quest for suggestions on how to work the border of your lovely quilt top. Your choice should answer one of two questions regarding how you want the viewers to see it. First, do you perceive of it as a picture? If so, choose a color from the body of the quilt, then choose a fabric whose color is a darker value of the color you like best, or the color you wish to enhance. In so doing you will make a frame, and it will be as the frame for a painting. A viewer's attention is focused upon the centered picture. Second, do you perceive of it as an over all color pallette? A lighter value of one of the colors in the body of that top will permit the viewer's eye to be cast all over it thereby not resting on just one area.

Whatever your decision is, viewers will fall in love with that quilt, and you may have to "fight" to keep it! Whoever receives it will love it for years to come. It is a beautiful top.

Sincerely,

Dana Allison
Old 01-11-2011, 01:12 PM

I would use the dark burgandy