Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Snowed in. YAY! >

Snowed in. YAY!

Snowed in. YAY!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:18 PM

Oh my! We just have cold! There is snow, but it is just dry snow, and cold. I don't like it, but it will change soon.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
Last night I braved the crowds at Walmart to get 1.) coffee and 2.) thread. I'm a happy quilter today.
Just absolutely perfect, you have the necessities!
Quilt away! That's what I've done for 3 days now....I just love it! I'm placing my order for another snow storm in February, I need another 3 days snowed in with power...I'll be able to get something done!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-12-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by mommafank
Got ice skates? Front yard looks like a frozen pond with the sun shining on the snow. We had freezing rain on top of the snow. It is actually pretty..hard to get a really good picture.
I'll be right down. I LOVE to skate. Got 5 days of skating in this year then the crap came and ruined it.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by fabricfairy
We are having a heat wave here , down under , to hot to go out so sitting in te sewing room is great this weather , I am right under the aircon .
you didn't get any of the floods. ???? Boy they look horrible. I will take a blizzard anytime. Stay cool.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
Originally Posted by jbj137
I am suppose to live in sunny South Carolina.
We got 9" Sunday night - Monday morning.
Refroze las night.
It is still 30 degrees at 1 pm on Tuesday.
Will refreeze agin tonight.

I am sick of it.
How do people stand it when they live in
snow all winter????
J J
We have the clothes for it and usually snow removal equipment available. I have lived in both cold and warm climates - I actually like the cold better - if you don't feel like going out you can always blame it on the weather!
amen to that!!!! I love winter that's why I live in Maine. Cant wait to get the snowshoes out again.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:45 PM

I live in Minnesota and we have had our share of the snow this year. We had a nice sunny cool day today but looks like we have some snow coming again!! We are use to the snow and blowing and we manage to get around in it. When we get the heavy snow I stay in and do my quilting and let others do the shoveling. I am looking forward to "SPRING"!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:16 PM

Speaking of ice skating--there was a video on the news last night of a guy who was ice skating up and down a part of Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta. The ice is the problem here. My neighborhood is worse today than yesterday--a thick glaze of ice over the snow.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:11 PM

Well, we think it's here to stay this winter. So far we've had 11" and the last four just won't go away....too cold. I live on a hill and haven't been off it since Friday. So come on back to Knoxville!!!!!! Glenda
Originally Posted by raptureready
I used to live near Knoxville at Johnson Bible College. Wonderful town. Enjoy being snowed in---it doesn't last all that long there. The year I was there it snowed one time, about 4-6 inches, just enough to build some awesome snowmen and small snow sculptures but we had to use all the available snow to make them. They began to melt two days later and were gone in 4.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Peggybluebird
I expect to be snowed in by morning here in NJ and plan to quilt all day. School has already been cancelled so I don't have to get up early to take that phone call! Hooray! I'll make some soup, and some homemade bread and enjoy not having to go outside till I feel like shoveling a path to my car. I am well-stocked with fabric and food---that's all I need, as long as the power doesn't go out!
AMEN!!!!!!!! I used to live in Mahwah. Moved to maine 45 yrs ago and still love it.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by noahscats7
Well, we think it's here to stay this winter. So far we've had 11" and the last four just won't go away....too cold. I live on a hill and haven't been off it since Friday. So come on back to Knoxville!!!!!! Glenda
Originally Posted by raptureready
I used to live near Knoxville at Johnson Bible College. Wonderful town. Enjoy being snowed in---it doesn't last all that long there. The year I was there it snowed one time, about 4-6 inches, just enough to build some awesome snowmen and small snow sculptures but we had to use all the available snow to make them. They began to melt two days later and were gone in 4.
I lived in Knoxville for 30 years and moved to Crossville 4 years ago. I miss the MILD winter in Knoxville!!!! It is awful here