Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
She doesn't sew but.......... >

She doesn't sew but..........

She doesn't sew but..........

Old 01-13-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by cafegold2
Sorry all of you gun carriers...After the deaths in Tucson last week I am becoming more anti easy gun purchase and use.
No worries, we each have our beliefs about this issue. I respect yours as I hope you respect mine. It isn't as easy many might think about purchasing a gun. If one is flagged, it's a long process to get unflagged and they don't make it easy.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:43 AM

Seems all of you who carry guns or rifles are sensible and sane folks....its the "nut jobs" that concern me!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 AM

I have a 12g shotgun and a 50cal cap and ball black powder rifle that is almost as tall as me.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Love the new gift. Enjoy it..... take her out to the range and shoot some paper! :)

For my birthday, my husband purchased a Springfield XD sup-compact in OD Green for me. I love it. It fits my hand perfectly.

On Saturday, my CCW finally got here. Thank goodness!!!

It brought a smile to my face to see so many positive replies.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by kwilter
Seems all of you who carry guns or rifles are sensible and sane folks....its the "nut jobs" that concern me!
That is often the case.

Gun laws only make it harder for the law biding citizen to protect themselves. Criminals and crazies will get a gun one way or the other.... if they really want it.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:49 AM

I was raised in the WV hills, guns were a method for getting food during the depression. In big cities there were food riots, in the hills we could raise gardens and kill all of our food, wild and home raised.
My DH and I made our kids get well acquainted with guns, even to having them field strip and oil them on the table. One son was a cop, one is guard in a CA prison, oldest daughter is guard in a Texas jail. Guns are tools, you can kill yourself or others with a hammer if you are so inclined. Guns don't kill unless they have a nut pulling the trigger.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by np3
I'd be afraid that I would shoot myself, or someone I loved by accident.
This new gun has a safety trigger. It won't accidentally discharge in my purse. My finger has to be on the trigger to get it to fire.
Are you going to carry it in your purse or on your person?
Old 01-13-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by denise d
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by np3
I'd be afraid that I would shoot myself, or someone I loved by accident.
This new gun has a safety trigger. It won't accidentally discharge in my purse. My finger has to be on the trigger to get it to fire.
Are you going to carry it in your purse or on your person?
My purse, I am making a compartment for it. On my person runs the risk of someone seeing it and calling the police. My outdoor hiking bag will have a spot for it too.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:34 PM

You can buy purses that have a holster in them. There are a number of sites. Just Goggle purses with holsters.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:03 PM

I received my permit when I moved to the woods. The Sheriff asked me, when applying for the permit why I wanted to carry a weapon. I explained that I was moving out in the country and possibility come across a wild animal that was not to friendly. He told me to be more worried about the two legged animals than the four legged ones. He said the four legged ones were more frightened of me than me of them. But the two legged ones are unpredictable.

FREE Quilting Newsletter