Texas Get Together

Old 01-15-2011, 08:28 AM

I just sent you a PM. Is it raining there right now?
Marcia
Old 01-15-2011, 09:15 AM

Well, I think I sent my message out too late.
Looks like I'm going to miss it. I hope you
all have a lot of fun and please send out a
notice if you do it again. I guess I'm a wimp :).
Just was afraid to come that far in the rain,
because once I hydroplaned in about the same
weather as today and since then, I try to not
drive in this unless I have too. I was all dressed
and ready, but just decided to not try it. You
will probably write back and say that it was dry
and sunny there. Anyway, let us hear all about it.
Have a Great Day!
Marcia
Old 01-15-2011, 04:04 PM

Not a problem, we will be getting together once a month. I am going to see if Grannyp70 posted pictures, if not I will.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:22 PM

OK, unfortunately we had misty cold rain this mroning and a few did not want to venture out and I don't blame them. We missed you guys though. Maybe next time, as we plant o do this once a month. Maybe at my house. We decided to do block swaps among the group.
If you missed out this time, get in touch wtih GrannyP70 and she will add you to this mailing list.
No one sat down the first half hour, we were hugging and introducing ourselves. Then we had to start eating. Pizza and desserts were wonderful. I think we talked more than we ate. Cici's was very nice to set us up and help us.
Grannyp70 wa introducing everyone and when she said my name, a few went, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and laughed"....Now that made me think. LOL. That's what I get for being all over this board. teehee. It was a great time.
Of course, I don't have partys without goodies so I brought my stash and tickets and we did door prizes and everyone got at least two things each. We laughed so hard at times, we were in tears.
Everyone had good things to say about this wonderful board and how much we enjoyed it, the swaps, chats, and lessons learned. So when one lady suggested we do thsi once a month, we decided to give it a shot. 4 ladies within an hour of me want to come over once a month to my house to have our own quilting bee and show and tell. wehoooooooooo.
Hope more can join us soon. Get in touch wtih Grannyp70 or me and we'll add you to the list.
Those of you who were there, be sure to correct the names and add boardnames. I am surprised I remembered this much. LOL. *H*U*G*S*

Bob, Wanda, Charhen, ???, Teri Moore and Lori LEsnet aka Makakehau
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160894[/ATTACH]

Joanieu, Grannyp70 and her hubby Bob, Wanda and Charhen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160904[/ATTACH]

Ladise holding up their door prizes their won, everyone got two each. And my bow tuck bag in the front. Had to watch it as GRannyp70 was after it. Gotta watch her. LOL My door prize was meeting everyone and having such a great time and now I have mroe new friends. Thanks everyone. Let's see,. I see pincushions, minkie packs, yard cut fabrics, a cat pincushion, the big pink one, a quilt top, and everyone got samples from Paper Pieces I ordered. COngrats on your goodies, ladies.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160911[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-160889.jpe
Views:	13
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	160894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-160899.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	160904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-160906.jpe
Views:	14
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	160911  
Old 01-15-2011, 04:24 PM

Back row, Joanieu, debbieumprhess, Grannyp70. Front row wanda, Charhen, ???, Teri Moore and Lori LEsnet ( ?? is a friend of Lori's and I cannot for the life of me remember her name but they will be looking and can post later, Charhen ran off with the paper with all the names.LOL GRannyp70 is after her now.....:)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160905[/ATTACH]

Bob finally got us all looking at the same time, I think he yelled "Cheese" What great smiles. WE represented the Quiltingboard well.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160906[/ATTACH]

Charhen busy writing down everyone's names and address and emails so we can get together once a month and we are going to do 12-1/2" blocks to swap among us. How fun is that?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160907[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-160900.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	160905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-160901.jpe
Views:	15
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	160906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-160902.jpe
Views:	13
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	160907  
Old 01-15-2011, 05:01 PM

Hi , i am so sorry that you couldn't come today, but we will be getting together again real soon and I will surely let you know where and when and hopefully you can come to that one. Would very much like to meet you, we really had a great time today meeting everyone and visiting. Everybody was so nice and friendly. Take care and please keep in touch.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:10 PM

oh wow - you gals look like you had a fabulous time! If only SC was closer to Texas!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:50 PM

Waaaaa - I'm jealous. Wish I lived closer.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:15 PM

We did have a great time. Plus the pizza was good and the hot cimmamon rolls were fantastic.... so was the brownies 'cuz they were warm also. Can not wait until the next time. Oh by the way Grannyp70 / Debbie I don't remember how many blocks we were suppose to make. I will post my 3 pics once I find my cable thingy to download them. I know I took more than 3, but that is all that is showing on my camera. Well, gotta shut down for the nite. I will post pics in the morning hopefully. Also, let me know what days the Dallas show is and maybe I can work it out to be off and maybe I can make that one. I have never been to any quilt show yet. Well good nite to all... lots of HUGS... :)
Old 01-15-2011, 06:38 PM

It was so fun meeting gals that are just as crazy about quilting as I am! Thank you all so much for having me today!
Toni