what is the point???!!!!!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Banned

I dont like reality tv.I have never seen survivors either.(my 81 year old mom wont miss it!).I like History channel,some things on AE,Hallmark(re runs of Matlock and Murder She Wrote(Love Angela Lansbury)I like ID ,interesting shows. I am particularly upset that Oprah took over Disc.Health channel.Its all about her and her little clique,and I cant stand to watch it now.Once in awhile I like American Pickers.Kind of fun to see what all they run across.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:58 AM

I thought I was the only one upset about Oprah taking over Discovery Health. Now I will downgrde my cable stations-there really is nothing to watch.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:01 AM

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone watches that garbage ! And what the heck is the point of seeing their disfunctional families argue and scream at each other.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 AM

I seldom watch tv because there is seldom anything worth watching.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 AM

reality? where is the reality when a bunch of no bodies are followed around by a bunch of makeup/camera/lighting/general crew/producers/writers/lawyers etc!
I find more reality watching people at red lights and check out lines, lol. And, most people do not take the time/ interest in the world around them to notice it! Take the time to notice how people interact - its an eyeopener. When you do, you can go thru life in a much better mood - (I always take the time to watch the checkout person and how shes treated/dealing w/ people ahead of me, sometimes, by the time I get to her shes throwing my groceries all over the place. I say something like: gosh, you sure have a hard job, or seems like a long day already, something sincere and caring -people need to feel others care. The people in line, too. I often tell strangers I like something they have on, top, coat, hat whatever - but I sincerely do. Go thru life noticing as if you were going to be called to testify as a witness in a trial - Thats the "reality" in the real world) It also is very good for your quilting, your imagination is heightened and you get more creative for noticing details. share t
Old 01-16-2011, 09:44 AM

I agree with you 100%. I have never watched any of these shows and never will. Lots of garbage on television. I like to watch shows that make me laugh or I learn something (like the history channel) I am new to quilting. I have Dish network and have not run across and quilting or sewing shows. Does anyone know if there are any?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 AM

Nope, I dont watch them either.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Shari one time my 16 yr. old DD put on facebook 16 and pregnant yay!! So I wrote back saying is there something you need to tell me? I was getting upset because all of our family would see that even her boyfriends mom.
HAHAHA! I can understand. My kids have all put something in their status updates at one time or another where my MIL got all upset b/c she didn't read it right or she took it wrong - they've all had the speech of "you gotta watch what you post!" LOL!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Elliemom
I agree with you 100%. I have never watched any of these shows and never will. Lots of garbage on television. I like to watch shows that make me laugh or I learn something (like the history channel) I am new to quilting. I have Dish network and have not run across and quilting or sewing shows. Does anyone know if there are any?
I also have Dish network(since Thanksgiving)and the only quilting shows I have found is "Fons and Porters Love of Quilting"on the BYUTV network channel 9403 at 10:00am and at 5:30pm :thumbup:
Old 01-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

I dont watch much tv at all anymore. I do LOVEthe Hallmark channel, and animal Planet though!