Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband does not belive . . . >

My husband does not belive . . .

My husband does not belive . . .

Old 01-16-2011, 03:30 PM

Way too many to count. And if I had to tell you length of time since projects began... the longest is 15+ years.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:33 PM

I'm not sure - maybe 3 quilts in various stages of progress but multiple other sewing projects in the works...almost always! LOL
Old 01-16-2011, 03:48 PM

I have counted at least 6 that I was working on at one time or the other. Each started and then packed away when the moving van arrived for our next transfer(Army.) Those I don't count as it was my husband's job that caused the backup. Now that we are finally retired from the Army, I think that I always have at least four or five going. One for working on at the quilt group,one for charity organization, one for when we are in the car traveling somewhere, one in the quilting process, one on the design board and of course several organized into kits and finally at least one on the cutting board. Just say that it keeps life from getting boring and make sure to do something simple so that you always have a new something to show off. No complaints!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:58 PM

Do I have to count the projects that I have the fabric and pattern for, but haven't started yet? Over 10 for sure, including those AND my UFO's !
Old 01-16-2011, 04:00 PM

I have about 10 tops waiting to be finished, Also am just finishing a quilt for a special young man. He is very patient but it has been about 5 months. I also have two chemo quilts all but finished. Counting the ten tops in the other room,I am sure DH still has more unfinished than I do. LOL Marvel
Old 01-16-2011, 04:00 PM

Back me up . .how many different projects do you have in some form of completion? :)[/quote]

I have 7 and those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head...
Old 01-16-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by cminor
That having many quilts in process at once is normal for quilters. Back me up . .how many different projects do you have in some form of completion? :)
I think it is very normal to have lots going on. I probably have 4 or 5. I also keep a type of journal/notebook with designs of quilts I want to make for some of my relatives that have asked but I told them they will be put on the list! I love, love making the quilts but it does get a tad expensive at times.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by cminor
That having many quilts in process at once is normal for quilters. Back me up . .how many different projects do you have in some form of completion? :)
lost count
Old 01-16-2011, 04:15 PM

Our local quilt guild does a UFO challenge about every other year. The challenge is to complete an "unfinished project" you have at least once a month and bring it in for show and tell. The real challenge is to narrow the list down to 10 items!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:18 PM

That having many quilts in process at once is normal for quilters. Back me up . .how many different projects do you have in some form of completion?

I have three tops completed that have not been quilted yet. Let's see......I have a T shirt quilt, a twin size batik quilt, a pink kaleidescope, Woodland Holiday quilt, Nature's Notebook quilt all started. Then I have 6 Rubbermaid containers full of fabrics and a pattern for a quilt. That would make 11. And in your defense, I've only been doing this for two years. So, if you've been quilting for very long, you're bound to have even more than that.
Oh, and with the price of cotton soaring 80% this year, I'm buying fabric right and left when it's on sale or clearance before the new stuff is all I can find. Good Luck!!!