Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers >

Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers

Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers

Old 01-16-2011, 09:07 AM

Idon't know how either.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:15 AM

Click "reply" under someone's post.
A new window pops open and you can add a message and upload your pics from there.

Can't wait to see your block!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:03 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but how does this work?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:48 AM

Hello again everyone! I'm so sorry I've had to be MIA for awhile, we finally just got back full scale and reliable Comcast Internet Services. HOoray! Now they owe me some serious service credits (but that's a whole other story notwithstanding this most recent outage). I'm hoping that this BS doesn't happen again anytime soon. Living at the Library or perpetually caffinated at a Starbucks is really no way to live just to have periodic internet access, LOL. (Particularly at Starbucks, it's not cheap!)

In any event, just wanted to check in with you all and see how things are going... since I'd not been on recently I did not have the chance to vote for the group's name and/or did not post an official request to have everyone "vote" by the last deadline, so today I am making that request official amongst us all.

Please come on to the thread and post your "official vote", or you can PM it to me if for some reason you'd prefer... and we'll have an official name as of 10pm Friday 01/21/2011.

My personal vote is for: "The Rockin Rowers"

I've seen others support for this name as well - but would like confirmation if this is a true concensus as I do know we all change our minds now and again, and I know that several other suggestions have come up as well... so please make sure to vote for your preference.

As so long has passed since we've had an official name, I feel it's time that we move ahead from "TBD" LOL, so - if there aren't "official votes" that are posted by this Friday 01/21 by 09:59pm CDT, I feel it would be fair to "in default", name the group with the name that already has the most support from previous postings. However, I believe in a democracy here, so I'd like to give everyone one last chance to certify their final vote. :-D

Posting a little on my rows progress thus far, I've been traveling this past week so much I haven't had as much time at home to work on it as I originally planned... (I'm in the process of potentially changing employers) so I've been really, really hella busy with sudden interviews that have me going everywhere etc. However, after catching up online today, I plan later on to sew up one of the blocks that's been on my design board for some time after having tweaked it some, and hope to get some more momentum on it. I've thus far written/designed plans for 3 of my 5 blocks (today I'll sew the three I have done), so I'll be spending the next few days hopefully getting to finalize my base row and cutting materials for the last 2 blocks - in the end to hopefully have a completed row I am personally ok with, LOL.

That's all I've got on my personal end for now, and I look forward to checking in with you shortly to see how everyone else in our group is doing in general and with their respective rows.

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 01-17-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by TwiceBlessed
Forgive my ignorance, but how does this work?
Hello Hun, I just wanted to take a quick moment to address your statement :-D as I am unsure as to whether or not you are trying to figure out how to use the board in general - or if you are trying to get information on/about "Row Robins" etc.

Please feel free to let us/me know what clarification(s) you need. I will try to also PM you "Private Message" to see if I can assist you in any way. This particular thread is for members of Group #7 for the Row Robin 2011, hence why I would like to figure out what help you need... as I am (and we) are more than happy to help!

At a minimum as I can see you are a new user - so a big welcome!!! We're happy to have you online, this is the best board online & full of great people! I know you're new, but don't be a stranger - none of us bite! ;)

Old 01-17-2011, 06:30 PM

Hi Creative Seamstress glad you are back on line. I vot for Rockin Rowers.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:33 PM

HI, I am confused about the row and how to be involved?! Do you build a block or a row of blocks..all so new to me. I ma now unemployed and seeking an out. So quilting is the venue that I choose.
I have been quilting since 2000 on and off. Applique is challenging to me.
Some days life is challenging. All that to say this what do Row Robins do?
Hope that you understand where I am coming from.
Hey I did build a really nice inexpensive Quilt design board. Would love to post it when I figure out how to put pictures on your site.
Have a good day.LindaFaye (Liberty, Mo)
Old 01-18-2011, 02:55 PM

Hi Linda, I am new also did one swap on the board and it was funn. We make a row of blocks . I am sure some one else will explain it better to you. Everyone here is grate I am not a computer person but I am learning. Welcome to the board and feel free to pm me anytime Evelyn in Cypress
Old 01-19-2011, 07:43 AM

My vote is for "Rockin' Rowers" too!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by TwiceBlessed
HI, I am confused about the row and how to be involved?! Do you build a block or a row of blocks..all so new to me. I ma now unemployed and seeking an out. So quilting is the venue that I choose.
I have been quilting since 2000 on and off. Applique is challenging to me.
Some days life is challenging. All that to say this what do Row Robins do?
Hope that you understand where I am coming from.
Hey I did build a really nice inexpensive Quilt design board. Would love to post it when I figure out how to put pictures on your site.
Have a good day.LindaFaye (Liberty, Mo)
Hun I've sent you responses to your questions via PM so be sure to check you're PM's if you've come here first :-D