Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome ??? >

Janome ???

Janome ???

Old 12-25-2010, 07:43 PM

I hear a lot about yahoo group can you give me the site or info to join ? ty Darlene
Go to yahoo, then groups, and then search for Janome6500. You'll have to submit a request to join.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:26 AM

Go for it. The 6500 and 6600 are the Queens of all machines I've ever used or bought. I now own 2 6600 and a Platinum Jem for traveling to retreat and class. Love them all. It is a sound and wise investment. Get the 6600 if $$$$$$ possible.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:22 PM

I have a very old Janome Memory Craft 5000.. It embroiderys and stitches perfectly. It has never missed a stitch or given me one seconds worth of problems. I also have a new Pfaff Creative Vision machine, which is a wonderful machine, but when I was in a big hurry to finish something for Christmas this year and didn't have the time to figure out the new machine, I got out my old MC5000 and got the job done! Love that old machine!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 AM

I had the 6600 and just traded it in for the Horizon (6700). If you can afford the price increase, I would definitely go with the Horizon. The additional features are great! - wider bed, 5 lights (I could sew without lights on in the room), more stitches, and one plate that converts from standard wide hole to single hole for those times when you want a single-hole plate (great feature - you don't have to change plates) - a tiny bit lighter than the 6600 - places on the machine to hold all your feet (and lots included - 3 feet for free-motion-quilting) - and the left side comes off so you can have a free arm for circular items like bags/slacks/etc. - those are just some of the highlights that impressed me and I am VERY happy with the machine!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by jacqstash
I had the 6600 and just traded it in for the Horizon (6700). If you can afford the price increase, I would definitely go with the Horizon. The additional features are great! - wider bed, 5 lights (I could sew without lights on in the room), more stitches, and one plate that converts from standard wide hole to single hole for those times when you want a single-hole plate (great feature - you don't have to change plates) - a tiny bit lighter than the 6600 - places on the machine to hold all your feet (and lots included - 3 feet for free-motion-quilting) - and the left side comes off so you can have a free arm for circular items like bags/slacks/etc. - those are just some of the highlights that impressed me and I am VERY happy with the machine!
You are sooo right girl ...I got me one on the 28th Dec... and I love this machine !!! It is great I'm so glad I got this one
:thumbup:
Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 PM

I hav a 6500 that I bought new probably 5 years ago? I know the 6600 was not out at that time, but just about ready. I love my machine. I bought it just to sew. Then I got interested in the quilting. Have used it on a Grace Pinnacle Frame for a year and did about 20 quilts-since then bought an APQS Ultimate II for that. So, the 6500 and I just quilt. I have started using the the monogramming to make labels and also to put names on the bindings with dates etc. People really like it. Go for it!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 PM

I would suggest the 6600. I am a member of a yahoo group for the 6500 & 6600. The built in walking foot for the 6600 is such a benefit for quilters. I adore my 6600. I do not find the screw to be unbearable as two really small screwdrivers came with my machine. I think Janome needs to improve the screw but I can live with it. The other things about the machine far out weigh that tiny little inconvenience. The Yahoo group is wonderful, I suggest you would want to join if you purchase either machine.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:29 PM

I discovered the thread comes out of the take up lever when I have the needle down engaged and have used the thread cutter. I have started leaving the needle up unless I really need it down and the thread almost never comes out of the take-up lever. Hope you see this.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:42 PM

If this happens on a 6500/6600 I have read to pause a moment after stitching prior to hitting the thread cut button. Then it will all work correctly even when using needle down. Maybe worth a try. I haven't experienced the issue.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Queen Mary
I discovered the thread comes out of the take up lever when I have the needle down engaged and have used the thread cutter. I have started leaving the needle up unless I really need it down and the thread almost never comes out of the take-up lever. Hope you see this.
On the 6600? If you thread the take up lever the opposite way (left to right instead of right to left) the thread shouldn't come out.