Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband does not belive . . . >

My husband does not belive . . .

My husband does not belive . . .

Old 01-17-2011, 12:24 PM

I need different projects for different things, some days I want to cut, some piece, some quilt, etc. So, I am at about 12 in various stages. Most serious backup is a trip around the world promised for holiday gift 4 yrs ago. I am stuck on the cornerstones, wanted to print pictures of his interests. Finally got the right product for the ink jet printer...
Old 01-17-2011, 12:42 PM

Dear Cminor,
As you can tell, we all vary. In looking over the many responses I have to admit I'm an multi-tasker. I currently have 11 quilt tops for sandwiching/quilting/binding, I have 15 different piles (strips, square, circles) I'm adding to as I take my leftover scraps from this past years project and make them in to cut pieces I'll use on future projects. I have a tub of cut fur ready to make into a number of different animals I will handsew/stuff and finish out. There are also two other tubs with fabric and patterns waiting to be cut and let's not look at my wall of fabric stash and the old clothing hanging in the closet for upcoming special projects. Then I have the other various medias I also work with - sculpting, painting, beading, photography - and I still work outside the home at the moment. What still amazes me is that I do get all those WIP's or UFO's done with time.
Life with a fabric enthusiast is never boring and always entertaining, my hubby says. But he has his hobbies and unfinished projects, too!
So after 38 years we've decided it doesn't work to try to point fingers to get the other to change what the other may think needs to be changed.
Find your comfort zone but always make a goal to finish things with time. Our children are grown and on their own now and they admire all that we make for others and craft shows but they also want us to get rid of our stash/collections before we die because they don't want to have to deal with it.
We snicker and smile over the thought of leaving it for them just to get in that last final dig. Makes me smile just thinking about. I wish you luck in finding your comfort spot of how much to work on at any one time. So many tempting new things out there to try.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:51 PM

I have: 6 finished quilt tops that need backing quilting and binding. 1 that needs binding only, 4 complete sets of blocks that need to be put together with sashing and borders, 1 hand appliqued quilt top that needs scallops appliqued to the border (scallops are complete), 2 wall hangings that are over 80% done. Just this month I started and finished a quilt top. I haven't seen my sister for 3 years - she flew in for a week. we went shopping on Wed for flannel to make a simple 60 x 78 quilt and 3 pillowcases for her grand children. I tried to teach her to make these items. She lost interest quickly, said it was too much work. I sent her home with everything completed on Saturday morning. Didn't take time to press the pillow cases for the pics.

Flying pigs pillowcase (Flannel & Minkee)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162463[/ATTACH]

Buggy Flannel Quilt (stitched in the ditch) w/ matching pillowcases
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162464[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-162458.jpe
Views:	6
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	162463   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-162459.jpe
Views:	8
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	162464  
Old 01-17-2011, 02:31 PM

About 20...horrible!!! Guess those UFOs need to move to the front of the line!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:18 PM

Love the flying pigs.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:18 PM

Love the flying pigs.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:32 PM

:oops: I am trying very hard to finish all the projects I have in the works. I have finished 3 but still have 5 more in process and then I get an email on a fabric sale!!! and well. Just so you know my husband is the same way. ( I do manage to finish the gifts that I start)
Old 01-17-2011, 03:37 PM

Since I am new to quilting, I have several, maybe 4 or 5. Even though I have been sewing for alot of years. I thought I was doing things all wrong since I have so many started. Thank you ladies for allowing me to know that I am not a screw-up. :lol:
Old 01-17-2011, 06:45 PM

Quilt projects at least 5 or 6. Cross stitch 5 or 6. Scrapbooking numberless. Crochet 2. Don't tell my husband he already thinks I'm nuts.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by cminor
That having many quilts in process at once is normal for quilters. Back me up . .how many different projects do you have in some form of completion? :)
I only have one currently in progress, but I have blocks cut for 25 or so, depending on the size of the quilt. Then,there are the two boxes labeled U.F.O. and Uncompleted Projects. I get those down every now and then to either add something or just to remind myself what's in them. I'd best do that soon, as it's been long enough that I've forgotten. There is also that Apple Core top. I finished the top 2 years ago and bought fabric for the back but don't know what do next. My hands have gotten so bad that I can't hand quilt and can't afford to have it done. I just remembered a UFO that won't fit in the box. I bought a half completed quilt top at a church rummage sale and have done nothing more with it.