Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
walmart material >

walmart material

walmart material

Old 01-19-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I have Walmart fabric in my stash. Some of their fabric is good and some isn't. If I see something I like, I feel it. If I like the way it feels, I buy, doesn't matter much to me where I'm buying it from.
Very well said!!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:26 PM

I buy my fabrics almost solely from Wal-Mart and so much so that the fabric ladies already know me. I'm sure they're thinking...."here comes that lady who buys tons of our fabrics." I noticed last week that there were a lot of other new fabrics they were just going to put out...lots of coordinated fabrics for quilting!!! And what an array of batiks that were selling for $3.50 a yard, too. They might be getting the message that the quilters are doing a lot of fabric purchasing from them.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:56 PM

I work for WalMart & have been incharge of the fabric dept. for atleast a decade & yes the stores are getting rid of the fabric in a few years. WalMart gets their fabric from the same mills as do quilt stores & Joanns. It is mid grade fabric for the most part & I have not seen some of the newest quilt lines anywhere. The print & color lines this spring are great. If your lucky, you can pick up a copy of the quilt of the month instructions, they go pretty quick.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:58 PM

I would say check the feel. You can tell if a fabric is pretty good quality that way. Then stock up on what is best. Those prices won't last long
Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
Ditto! from me to when we had fabric in Walmart.
Ditto from me too. Lots of it. In fact, our Walmart is getting in a lot of fabric from other stores. Look for the red dot.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:28 PM

The Wal Mart in Illinois where I live part time remodeled and did away with their fabric. They put in a Wedding something or other. How strange is that. I loved their fabric. So disappointed that they are eliminating more and more fabric sections throughout the nation. I did post my feelings about it for what it was worth.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:30 PM

I by Walmart Fabric when ever I can.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:30 PM

Our local Walmart was going to close the fabric center, too. A lot of us got together and bombarded them at the main office with phone calls complaining about this. When they remodeled the store, they moved the fabric center and downsized it about 1/3, but it's still there! Make a stink! Call the main office -- complain -- make your voice heard. It will get results.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:47 PM

Walmart stuff is always looked down upon, but not in my eyes.

Thank goodness I haven't heard that my local Walmart is discontinuing fabric! I buy there quite often. Just check that it's 100% cotton and do the "feel factor". Also, I always pre-wash.

I also buy 90% of my groceries there and save a ton of money. Good buys in many isles.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:03 PM

I was in WalMart on Sat. They were marking prices up! I asked the lady if I could stock up before she finished, and she was kind enough to let me do so! With the prices of fabric soaring, I thought I had better stock up while I could, thankfully I had just got paid, lol.