JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES >

JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES

JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES

Old 01-20-2011, 05:40 AM

Nice! I love this.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Originally Posted by lindyline
ohh come on. I posted my imperfect star. I wanna see yours.
OK..but no LOLing! I am still using these fabrics but tomorrow I will make a star out of the brown print...no blue blades! or whatever they are called!
I love your blocks! The colors are great and they look like you designed a whole new block!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 AM

Here's my block of the month. The picture is too dark, but the star is navy blue flower print
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-164130.jpe
Views:	65
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	164135  
Old 01-20-2011, 06:11 AM

Crlyn - love your second block - the colors and fabric are great.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:29 AM

I'm really frustrated with myself. I decided I was going to use the teal awareness ribbon fabric in honor of my mom who passed away from Ovarian Cancer. She was also my friend and I miss her.

I looked and looked and could not find a teal that matched or blended with the doggone ribbon color! I've had it a few years and it's probably the 'old' teal. Everything I put with it last night looked muddy (dull) in comparison. I'll look harder this weekend. I really want to use this fabric AND my stash.

Then I decided I would use some left over puppy paw prints by Debbie Mumm and make it into a 'mug rug'. I don't have the right brown to go with that one! (And the background on this is the 'new' teal and there's nothing that matches that either ... grrrrrr!)

At this rate I may just grab some scraps just so I can say I completed the darn block!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:37 AM

don't forget Black and/or White go with just about every color, Black and teal would really show well together
Originally Posted by IBQLTN
I'm really frustrated with myself. I decided I was going to use the teal awareness ribbon fabric in honor of my mom who passed away from Ovarian Cancer. She was also my friend and I miss her.

I looked and looked and could not find a teal that matched or blended with the doggone ribbon color! I've had it a few years and it's probably the 'old' teal. Everything I put with it last night looked muddy (dull) in comparison. I'll look harder this weekend. I really want to use this fabric AND my stash.

Then I decided I would use some left over puppy paw prints by Debbie Mumm and make it into a 'mug rug'. I don't have the right brown to go with that one! (And the background on this is the 'new' teal and there's nothing that matches that either ... grrrrrr!)

At this rate I may just grab some scraps just so I can say I completed the darn block!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 AM

Thanks short an sweet. I will check that out. The ribbon fabric has a white background but the black might look really cute with the paw prints.

Of course this is Jaguar country so everything around here is black and teal! Maybe that's why I don't have any teal ... everyone buys it up as soon as it comes out! LOL
Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
don't forget Black and/or White go with just about every color, Black and teal would really show well together
I agree, black and teal are gorgeous together. I sometimes think we (I know I) try to match things too much and I'm amazed at how beautiful scrappy blocks turn out when I just pull some fabrics and sew them together without thinking about it. That is very hard for me to do, waaaay outside my comfort zone, but it works.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
I agree, black and teal are gorgeous together. I sometimes think we (I know I) try to match things too much and I'm amazed at how beautiful scrappy blocks turn out when I just pull some fabrics and sew them together without thinking about it. That is very hard for me to do, waaaay outside my comfort zone, but it works.
Outside my comfort zone too! My only scrappy quilts have been 'planned' scrappy quilts. The instructor of the first quilt class I ever took told me I was the most anal retentive student she'd ever had and to lighten up and get a life or I'd never finish the quilt. Before long, she had me teaching her beginning quilting class ... I loosened up a lot but you'd never know it!

My Home Ec teacher graded our dresses and then turned them wrong side out and took points off your grade for every thread not trimmed and every notch not clipped off! So, how else would I have turned out ... it's all her fault!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline
if you took the corner blocks off and swapped then for the light blue that would be perfect.
But you used the same fabric for the stars, so that's why your block doesn't look like a star. BUT, I think those blocks look very interesting