Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES >

JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES

JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES

Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
I'm really frustrated with myself. I decided I was going to use the teal awareness ribbon fabric in honor of my mom who passed away from Ovarian Cancer. She was also my friend and I miss her.

I looked and looked and could not find a teal that matched or blended with the doggone ribbon color! I've had it a few years and it's probably the 'old' teal. Everything I put with it last night looked muddy (dull) in comparison. I'll look harder this weekend. I really want to use this fabric AND my stash.

Then I decided I would use some left over puppy paw prints by Debbie Mumm and make it into a 'mug rug'. I don't have the right brown to go with that one! (And the background on this is the 'new' teal and there's nothing that matches that either ... grrrrrr!)

At this rate I may just grab some scraps just so I can say I completed the darn block!
My son's school colors were teal and purple. Surprising, they actually looked well together. Perhaps that could be another color to check out.
Jeanine
Old 01-20-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanine
I'm really frustrated with myself. I decided I was going to use the teal awareness ribbon fabric in honor of my mom who passed away from Ovarian Cancer. She was also my friend and I miss her.

I looked and looked and could not find a teal that matched or blended with the doggone ribbon color! I've had it a few years and it's probably the 'old' teal. Everything I put with it last night looked muddy (dull) in comparison. I'll look harder this weekend. I really want to use this fabric AND my stash.

Then I decided I would use some left over puppy paw prints by Debbie Mumm and make it into a 'mug rug'. I don't have the right brown to go with that one! (And the background on this is the 'new' teal and there's nothing that matches that either ... grrrrrr!)

At this rate I may just grab some scraps just so I can say I completed the darn block!
My son's school colors were teal and purple. Surprising, they actually looked well together. Perhaps that could be another color to check out.
Jeanine
Teal and pink is another possible combo - very tropical and south Florida-ish...

My fabric finally arrived this morning and it is so yummy! Blue and purple batiks. I'm hoping to do my stars tonight!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Originally Posted by Jeanine

Jeanine
Teal and pink is another possible combo - very tropical and south Florida-ish...

My fabric finally arrived this morning and it is so yummy! Blue and purple batiks. I'm hoping to do my stars tonight!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 AM

OK now I'm psyched! Teal and Pink --- of course!!! My mom's sister is a breast cancer survivor. I can combine the two awareness ribbons into one quilt!

You Rock Jeanine!!!! Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Peggy
Old 01-20-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Wow kat..that pink one is just plain beautiful! Why didn't i think of that??!!
Thank you Missgigglewings.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie
Originally Posted by Kat Heathers
well, I made gold star yesterday morning. I came online today and looked at all the colorful work everybody has done and I had to make another. This is just plane fun :D
Your stars are lovely!
Thank you. All this encouragement! I love it :-P
Old 01-20-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Living out of my meager stash is starting to become interesting. I'm almost out of some colors!
Outstanding :thumbup:
Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 AM

OK now I'm psyched! Teal and Pink --- of course!!! My mom's sister is a breast cancer survivor. I can combine the two awareness ribbons into one quilt!

You Rock Jeanine!!!! Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Peggy
I was just going through the stars from page one (yet again) and saw IrishRose had a quilt of teal and pink. VERY nice colors together.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by pdcakm
great blocks all of you over-achievers. it is only noon here in california and already you are done. they are all beautiful.

i will have to do a personal debate to decide if i will do this bom. i always love the idea of it, but when it is time to put all those blocks together i seem to get sidetracked. still have a couple of completed bom sets that need to be made into quilts. well, that is my personal problem, i think. you all are probably quilt finishers. love you all quilty pals.
I like to do swaps and BOM's, but I sure don't need that many quilts, so I donate the blocks and let someone else figure out how to put them together. There are people on this board who do quilts for charity(Veterans of Valor, Quilts for Kids, our soldiers in Afghanistan, and others) and would love any blocks to help their cause. There's always something to be done with them. Don't let that stop you from joining in.
Thanks for that idea Judy. The piecing is my favorite part too and I have blocks sitting around without motivation to finish. Donating them is a great idea.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Crlyn
This is my January star block, the second one I thought I would have go at BizzieLizzie version. :D
I like your stars!! :lol: