Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think my quilts are cursed >

I think my quilts are cursed

I think my quilts are cursed

Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 AM

Try to remember the people you made quilts for and that are still in your life. I am sure there are many. It seems the bad way to you, because you are giving away a lot of quilts. We are human and people come into our lives; some stay for ever and some leave. Some leave in a peaceful way and some not always peaceful. Your quilts have nothing to do with it. Is human nature to have fall outs. Maybe later on they will see the quilt you gave them, think of the good times with you and come back into your life. At that time you can say that your quilts brought you back together because the quilt is an expression of the love you have or had for them. This may work in every case, but if it works in one, it was worth it.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 AM

I agree as well: donate to charity, to a nuring home, or to an assisted living community. These people would LOVE to have a quilt!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:05 PM

I used to make quilts and other things for people until one day a friend said, "I would love to see your house and all the things you have made". It dawned on me that I had nothing in my home that I had made. I gave it all away. Now I am making things for myself and really enjoy it. I will give something to a friend only if they really seem to love it and I can part with it. Treat yourself.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:06 PM

These "individuals" are just pebbles along your path - keep one foot in front of the other and soon you will beyond the crick in the path and will see sunshine straight ahead. Took me three years of "pebbles" to find my path straight to the love of my life!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:48 PM

((((((((((((Flyinng-V-Goddess))))))))))))))) Don't let em get to ya. Save your beautiful quilts for someone that will really appreciate them. We have all had people like that in our lives and it isn't worth worrying over. Ask yourself the fives questions: Will it matter in: 5 years, 5 months,5 weeks, 5 days and 5 minutes. Usually the answer is no. Just let it go By the way. We love you here
Old 01-22-2011, 01:18 PM

I love what thequilteddove said. Please, as others have said, keep quilting! Give them to hopeless newborn babies, veterans in the veteran's hospitals or whomever, but please keep on making quilts. We all need a tangible way to show our love to the world and this is yours!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by MiniCC
Heal yourself and make yourself one :) or two - turn it around and show yourself the same love and admiration....you are worth it, right? You are not going to walk out on you.
Or i like the idea of charity as well for the kids who are doing chemo and such. :)
Or maybe for dialysis patients, my aunt has made some for my uncles friends that he goes to dialysis with, they were always appreciative and use them everytime that they go
Old 01-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by obxqwlter
Stop picking the wrong people to make quilts for...that's the rub. Make quilts for Project Linus, Quilts for Kids, Quilts of Valor! AND make some quilts for yourself- because before you can truly give love to others, you must love and value yourself! It's not necessary to "buy" the affection of people who are really worth having in your life. Quilts are teaching you a life lesson...are you ready to accept it? You are not cursed, nor are your quilts.
Enjoy the process of making the quilts, then let go. There are so many needy people out there! If you want to joy of seeing the quilts appreciated, then you could deliver some with your local quilt guild.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:53 PM

I would donate these quilts to charity because they will appreciate them so much more and then before making another quilt for a so called friend make sure they are definitely in your life, maybe years of knowing them. I have been quilting 13 months and have may only one quilt for one of my 6 family members (brothers and sisters) and none for my 2 son's: only one for my 15 year old granddaughter, one for each of my two young grandsons, a table runner for 2 of my best friends. Be careful of spending money unwisely.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:57 PM

first of all if they knew what kind of work goes into a quilt they would love them like we do. BUT!!!! they don't thats why we give them one because they don't have one. you give them inn love but have no control over the grandbaby that drags it through the mud, lol. thats why you should detach from the quilt when you give it and hope for the best. I started making mine grandkid proof. if you know they will be taken care of then give your nice work.