MailBox Found!

Old 01-23-2011, 02:12 PM

Looks familiar-----back in the day. LOL
Old 01-23-2011, 04:48 PM

wow glad it is them and not me with all that snow !!!! but then again i am looking out the window as i sit here watching it snow again !!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 PM

We had snow like that last Feb. 48 inches in about 30 hours, that was on top of the 18 inches we had gotten a few days before. We had to make paths for the dogs to be able to go out, they loved it ! :-)
Old 01-23-2011, 05:11 PM

In defense of us who love to live in the northern Midwest, you cannot know how beautiful the snow is and how peaceful it is. If you can get beyond the cold and shoveling. It is a beautiful and wonderful time of year. I guess it is a good thing that some of us love the cold and snow or there wouldn't be enough room for all of us in Louisiana LOL.

This morning we woke up to -25 here in Grantsburg, Wisconsin. When I looked out the window at the river, it was a wonderland. All of the trees were covered in frost, the river was steaming, the sun was shining and everything sparkled like beautiful diamonds. I guess you know where I stand on winter. LOL
Old 01-23-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
In defense of us who love to live in the northern Midwest, you cannot know how beautiful the snow is and how peaceful it is. If you can get beyond the cold and shoveling. It is a beautiful and wonderful time of year. I guess it is a good thing that some of us love the cold and snow or there wouldn't be enough room for all of us in Louisiana LOL.

This morning we woke up to -25 here in Grantsburg, Wisconsin. When I looked out the window at the river, it was a wonderland. All of the trees were covered in frost, the river was steaming, the sun was shining and everything sparkled like beautiful diamonds. I guess you know where I stand on winter. LOL
Oh I miss that so much. I woke to brown, brown everything. Sun shines, but the only time it twinkles is when the sun shines off something shiny. There is no wonderland in my part of NM.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by stitchofclass2

We are in Iowa and I can see the beauty but it scares me to have to get out and drive on ice and snow as I have gotten older. I used to drive on it and never think much of it. But now I hate to get out in it. I prefer the heat extreme because you can still drive safely then.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:26 PM

Holy Cow!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I think I would have left it lost so the bills couldn't get to me, especially the electric bill!
This is what I was thinking lol lol lol
Old 01-23-2011, 06:01 PM

Beautiful to look at in someone elses yard.
That is one reason we moved south.
Two weeks ago we had a bad snow come through here.
Hope the rest of the winter it keeps right on moving without stopping in to say Hello
Old 01-23-2011, 06:36 PM

We got 5 inches or so a couple of weeks ago & I stayed inside until it was off the sidewalks. Don't want to mess up these $50,000 knee replacements I got in Jul 09, or fall on my behind! I figure the bills can wait...LOL! Wonder if your nephews yard has more than one snow, since it's deeper on the ground in some places. We don't have equipment to clean up roads here in Alabama, so if there's a smidgen of anything on the roads, the Schools close. The kids have already used all their snow days for this year, so school break will be canceled if we get more.

Tell your nephew to pray for an early Summer.