Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where would you look? >

Where would you look?

Where would you look?

Old 01-24-2011, 06:32 PM

Every time I look for something in my sewing room, I find something else. I try to keep all my patterns together (when I am finished with them) but generally they are with the fabric I purchased to make "whatever" in the pattern. Right now I am missing the pattern for a flannel "rag" jacket - not in the bag with the fabric and definitely not in the basket with the other patterns.....oh well.....I did find my Yellow Brick Road pattern - luckily it is with the yellow/blue fabrics I purchased.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cyn
Sorry :( I bet it is hiding with my 2 teflon sheets that I can't find!
If you find the pattern and the teflon sheets - could you send me my add-a-quarter ruler? I can't seem to find it in my sewing room!! Good luck on the hunt!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:55 PM

Did you find the pattern you were looking for? If not, I can send you a copy of mine.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 PM

Glad you found it. !!! You sound like me .. I put things up so they won't get lost and then it's a nightmare to find them when I want the item. We just moved so LOTS of things are put up.. LOL
Take some pics so we can see your project.. :D
Old 01-24-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by darlenewitt2004
Did you find the pattern you were looking for? If not, I can send you a copy of mine.
Don't want to start any problems, but may I gently point out that this is a copyright pattern.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
Thanks, ladies, you make me feel better. Surely I can find this pattern. It must be stuck inside something else, or behind my bookcase. Or maybe one of my quilt inspectors took off with it.

You have inspired to to search again!
We once found my late husband's missing wallet in the freezer. My mother found her missing spectacles in the fridge. I hide my stuff in a place called "Somewhere", never fails. Except just before Xmas. I was looking for a plushie pattern I've made several times before. Spent two days going through all my magasines and files. When I was ready to give up I decided to take one more look in a cardboard box labelled Paper Patterns. It was on top. Definately not "somewhere" as expected. That was the limbo of my panic week.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 PM

oh boy.. how sweet.. isn't it great to have a sister that also quilts? how much fun the two of you must have..

Glad the pattern is safely waiting with your sister! Makes me believe there is hope for those lost things we keep looking for!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by cka
I lost a pattern that I was in the middle of making...looked for days. To top it off I had a deadline to finish the bloody thing. Long story short...found it in the freezer. I don't even remember putting anything in there during that time. I swear I have crazy little beings living here who love to torture me. Maybe it's my husband...hummmm!!
Maybe it was your husband's subtle hint that it was time to stop quilting and start cooking, lol! Funny story :D
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 PM

First of all E you win! You came up with that link in a heartbeat. Secondly, YIPPEE! another bookmark.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:15 AM

All your stories are too funny. I loose stuff ALL THE TIME! My quilting friend used to say it's the sewing room grimlins! They carry stuff off, or hide it in a spot you'd never think to look. Just mischeif-making! LOL
Thanks, All, for a good laugh. And so glad the pattern is found!