Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-25-2011, 08:01 AM

Well, my weight loss has really stalled now. I have been doing really well at maintaining my weight, and after two years of constant weight gain that is a good thing. But with the arthritis in my hands and knees, bursitis in both hips, and now tendonitis in my shoulder I can hardly move. Even breathing in and out makes me want to scream! Blergh
Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Banned

Now I am not a doctor person but the burn was so bad in the middle of the night I considered going to the ER. However I would have waited until this morning. It the middle of the night after having my foot in cold water off and on for hours I thought.........yogurt. It is cold and great for skin. I use yogurt as a facial a few times a week. I also use oatmeal for rashes. poison ivy and I wash my face with oatmeal everyday. NO WRINKLES. So I mixed 1 tsp of oatmeal with 1/2 c of plain yogurt and patted it all over the burn. It had a thick coat on. The burn is the entire top of my foot and the side. It looks like it spread. Within about 1/2 hour the burning didn't seem as bad. I left in on about and hour and rinsed in cool water. I have been doing that and it doesn't look as red or swollen.

Remember oatmeal and yogurt for burns.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I burned the entire top of my foot with 32 oz of boiling water. Joyce has this house like a a** hole. She has crap from one end to the other. I made a cup of tea in my new 32oz mug. I went to put it on the coffee table and since I AM NOT ALLOWED to touch her stuff the mug slid off the table and the entire thing spilled on my foot. It wasn't as if the tea was sitting there for a few minutes it was just made. I am pissed, who needs 8 nail polishes, 3 bottles of remover, sun glasses, various BIG puffy feather and rose headbands, nail files, pumis stones and every other crap thing you could think of on a coffee table in the living room for weeks on end. My foot is killing me. I have ice on it. The burn is about 4 inches wide. From where my foot is attached to my leg down to the toes and on boths sides. I can't stand the pain. It was as red as a lobster. And what was Joyce's reaction???????????? It isn't going to kill you. I guess I am not sleeping tonight.
Do you have an aloe plant by any chance? They are wonderful for burns? Or ice it. Put some ice in an ice pack or zip lock bag and let it just lay on your foot. Bless your heart! I'm sorry for your burn!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 AM

Okay, my sweet friends and prayer warriors, I have another urgent prayer request. We just got word my 51 yr old SIL, Becky, is in ICU in Jax, FL. She has pneumonia and her body is not responding to the meds. They have called the family in, as they do not expect her to make it. She only weighs about 86 lbs which also works against her being so sick and not responding to the meds. Hubby and I are in AL and are trying to work out arrangements on leaving for FL. Your prayers are so greatly appreciated!!! Thank you! Sandy

PS, still no news on James. Your prayers for him and the family are so appreciated. God Bless you all! You are the sweetest "bunch" of ladies/friends. I appreciate all of you so much! Hugs, Sandy
Old 01-25-2011, 10:32 AM

I think the yogurt works because it covers the nerve endings. Years ago when i was first married I got a bad burn...not requiring hospital but painful. We didn't have a pot pot to pee in. My husband went outside and got some dirt and added water...mud. Covered the burn with it and it felt instantly better. These are the things you so when you are young and stupid. No harm was done as it was not open and oozing. Years later I realized that a soft clean tea towel covers the same way. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:52 AM

CJ, that was very funny.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:57 AM

I burned the entire top of my foot with 32 oz of boiling water. Joyce has this house like a a** hole. She has crap from one end to the other. I made a cup of tea in my new 32oz mug. I went to put it on the coffee table and since I AM NOT ALLOWED to touch her stuff the mug slid off the table and the entire thing spilled on my foot. It wasn't as if the tea was sitting there for a few minutes it was just made. I am pissed, who needs 8 nail polishes, 3 bottles of remover, sun glasses, various BIG puffy feather and rose headbands, nail files, pumis stones and every other crap thing you could think of on a coffee table in the living room for weeks on end. My foot is killing me. I have ice on it. The burn is about 4 inches wide. From where my foot is attached to my leg down to the toes and on boths sides. I can't stand the pain. It was as red as a lobster. And what was Joyce's reaction???????????? It isn't going to kill you. I guess I am not sleeping tonight.
I'm sorry, Tru. It must be very painful. Just keep the ice on it.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:59 AM

I am allergic to neosporin. I googled and it said not to put anything oil based as it will keep the heat in and the burn could get worse. I have been soaking it in cold water and vingar. Sounds strange but when I google it said vinegar for burns. When I take it out of the water it also said yogurt so I have that on now. It is after 1;30am I can't sleep. The blisters are the size of quarters. It really hurts. The pain is so bad I almost feel like I can't breath.
Aloe vera is the best for burns or wounds. You can buy an aloe vera gel or you can plant it in a pot to keep in the house. It works wonders.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Okay, my sweet friends and prayer warriors, I have another urgent prayer request. We just got word my 51 yr old SIL, Becky, is in ICU in Jax, FL. She has pneumonia and her body is not responding to the meds. They have called the family in, as they do not expect her to make it. She only weighs about 86 lbs which also works against her being so sick and not responding to the meds. Hubby and I are in AL and are trying to work out arrangements on leaving for FL. Your prayers are so greatly appreciated!!! Thank you! Sandy

PS, still no news on James. Your prayers for him and the family are so appreciated. God Bless you all! You are the sweetest "bunch" of ladies/friends. I appreciate all of you so much! Hugs, Sandy
I will add her to my prayer list. God bless.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy

So sorry to hear this Sandy, will continue to pray for your family.