Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clean up your sewing room. >

Clean up your sewing room.

Clean up your sewing room.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

I need to get busy and do some cleaning and rearranging too... LOL I know if I do, I will have more room for some of that fabric that has been screaming my name :D:D:D
Old 01-25-2011, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by MoMiMi
Is there such a thing as a scrap-a-holic? I can pass up fabric on the bold, but a bag of scraps for 25 cents !!!! WOW, get out of my way....here I come with my quarter.....
You just made me feel better...I thought I was the only one! In fact, just this last Sunday, a friend and I went to the LQS and she had to shame me out of digging in the scrap bin that was $3 for as many scraps as you can get in a sandwich baggie....but I left happy with my baggie stuffed full!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by lyndad
My DH never asks or says anything about my stashes, he just laughs and says as long as it makes you happy.
I went to a garage sale a few years ago and inside the garage was tons and I mean tons of double knit fabric - tables and tables piled 3 foot high or higher with fabric. I heard the "lady" say to a customer/friend that "daddy let mother buy all of this fabric because it made her so happy".
Old 01-26-2011, 04:46 AM

I straigten my sewing room after every project but deep clean sort re-fold a couple of times a year. Afterwards I can never find anything!!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 AM

A friend once helped me move to a new house.....He was heard to say, I have seen more fabric and yarn before....but only at WalMart!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by bamamama
During a project my room is a mess, but I clean and organize after every project. Like cleansing the pallet before tasting a different wine.
That's what I do. I like to start with a clean slate. After all you don't start cooking a meal with a messy kitchen (at least I don't). I usually have a stack that is the next project. Right now that seems to be a couple stacks, so I have to get at that and get it put away so I can focus on the quilt at hand.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:34 AM

I keep my sewing room cleaned up as I go. Putting rulers away after cutting. Making sure threads get in the trash, etc.
If I clean as I go and put things away as I use them then the clutter doesn't acumulate.
After finishing each project I clean/oil my machine and vacuum
the carpets. I fill out information in my journal. If its a charity quilt and I have quilted it I take a picture for my journal.
If I will be taking it to my longarm quilter I wili hang the quilt/backing up in the closet.
So when I start a new quilt my sewing room is clean
and I'm ready to sew.
:lol:
Old 01-26-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by pieces
I keep my sewing room cleaned up as I go. Putting rulers away after cutting. Making sure threads get in the trash, etc.
If I clean as I go and put things away as I use them then the clutter doesn't acumulate.
After finishing each project I clean/oil my machine and vacuum
the carpets. I fill out information in my journal. If its a charity quilt and I have quilted it I take a picture for my journal.
If I will be taking it to my longarm quilter I wili hang the quilt/backing up in the closet.
So when I start a new quilt my sewing room is clean
and I'm ready to sew.
:lol:
That's me as well!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 AM

Fortunately - I see DH's car in the garage first - & wait 'til he's asleep or leaves to empty the car! ( I also pray he doesn't go into the garage & looks in my car! )
Old 01-26-2011, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
My hubby was home sick last week....and I came home from Joann's with a bunch of flannel and a couple from the closeout tables....I forgot he was home! Just walked in and he said " and I suppose that these fabrics just wanted to go for a ride?"... :oops:
these were orphans that needed to be adopted to a good home?