Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
99% positive... >

99% positive...

99% positive...

Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 AM

I also love this board. I have learned so much from everyone here. I would never be as far as I am in quilting, after only one year of quilting, without all the ideas, tutorials and support of this board. I spend at least an hour on here everyday! I wish we all did live in the same neighborhood. We'd have lots of laughs and learn so much more from each other.
Thanks to all of you wonderful and generous quilters!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
I agree Carol and I tend to really enjoy your posts here. Kind of surprised some people have been saying it's becoming nothing more than a b*tch-fest. I don't see it. We share the good and the bad...the things that work and the things that don't. THAT is true communication.
I haven't read that b*tch-fest comment, but there are certain "triggers" that seem to set people off and it has gotten unpleasant a number of times. I try to avoid opening what looks to be a provocative post, especially if it's a subject that's been done to death over the months & years.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:08 AM

That's right Weezie - the Triggers. I'm learning. I mentioned Facebook one time - the "like" feature that someone else has mentioned in this thread - and felt like I got slapped. But... should not have added to the thread about what might could be different here. I'm new enough that I feel like I'm playing in someone else's playground sometimes so ... I learned my lesson!

I'm so impressed with this kind of thread: problem posted. Suggestion posted - with praise for the effort already made, then LINK posted to show what might work or where solution can be found. Now that's Support - I just read a thread where that was happening all over the place - love it.

99.8% of the time I feel nothing but support, kindness, taught beyond any hope I had of ever making progress this fast.... all the good stuff. I learn something new every time I get on here.

I am most impressed by those who continue to teach us - those who GIVE the lessons and answer the same thoughts over and over. Wow. THANK YOU!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:13 AM

I love this board, have never heard any negativity about it, everyone seems so helpful and encouraging. My advice to the negative Nelly's that are out there is they can move on if they don't like it, but, for me, I am here amongst a new family, quilting family and I wish I could meet some if not all in person some day.
Thanks everyone!!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:17 AM

Look forward to signing on everyday, spend most of my day here and get sad when I finish going thru all subjects. Love you guys.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:32 AM

living in a rural area, and no close neighbors, you are all my friend and inspiration. Thanks to all of you, I get to see so many beautiful quilts. So much talent and willing to share and help. Thanks to one and all. also appreciate the people that keep it running so smoothly, and makes it possible to find inf. that I want.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
we would all live in a big community with our big sewing club house, wouldn't that be fun!

Originally Posted by bj
Can you imagine a neighborhood with all of us in it! Talk about heaven on earth!
Now that would be a dream!!! LOVE this idea!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by bj
Can you imagine a neighborhood with all of us in it! Talk about heaven on earth!
We should organize a quilting cruise. What fun that would be!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 AM

Well said
Old 01-26-2011, 12:25 PM

I totally agree. This is the best!!!