Packers or Steelers

Old 01-25-2011, 09:06 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Steelers ~ all the way... Never lived in PA, lived all over the US in other states... but my mom worked with many NFL free-agents back in the late 70's, so I got to know the game & the players when I was 12-13... She started Jack Lambert football camps here in NE Ohio ~ we drove famous players cars to them... but after meeting Jack Lambert, Terry Bradshaw, Jack Ham, Franco & others personally, I have been a die-hard Steelers fan, if you prick me I'll bleed black/gold. :)
Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 PM

I watched the Packers playoff game the other day. When the game started I didn't care less who won, but during the National Anthem the Packer players took off their hats and showed some respect, too many players on other team didn't bother to remove hats and just stood around like they were bored and didn't even care what was going on.

So I decided the Packers had more class and am glad they won. I didn't watch the other playoff game.

So I'll wait until the day of superbowl and decide who I want to win during the National Anthem.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 PM

My son has been a Steelers fan since Terry Bradshaw was quarterback so-----, "Go Steelers!!" :thumbup:
Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 PM

GO STEELERS :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbugs
Got my Terrible Towel in the window, made black & gold cupcakes on Sunday for the play-off game, had my Polamalu jersey on, and the neighborhood is strewn with Steeler banners and flags. Can you tell I live in Pittsburgh? Steelers all the way!!! :-D
I'm also "Pat S" and also from Pittsburgh - AND a Steeler's fan - go Steelers. This is the only time of winter that I miss being at home - when everyone is sooo hyped up. It's always so much fun. But I'll just wait for the warmer weather to head North - LOL.

Pat S
Old 01-26-2011, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Japonica
Originally Posted by abonda
Packers!!! the Steelers quarterback doesn't deserve the win. He is a loser who got away with a crime..... trying to be nice about it?
Though I am not defending a very nice person, it's not about the quarterback, it's about the team and the team deserves to win!

GO STEELERS GO!!!!
I'm also from Washington County - but grew up in Alleg County - and wintering in Florida. Do you belong to the Martha Washington Quilter's Guild?

Pat
Old 01-26-2011, 08:14 AM

I agree that the Steeler quarterback has some issues but the role model in children's lives should be their parents not a sport person. My son has been a Steeler fan since he was 8(now 40), so our household will be cheering for them as a team, not as a role models.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 AM

Remember this....just because there is a rotten potato in the bag, it doesn't make the whole bag bad. Rothlessberger is not representative of the Steeler team and their owners who have been greatly respected by sports executives all over the world. The Rooney family is a class act and for this reason the Steelers have followers over the country.

GO STEELERS!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by cinnya
Originally Posted by MaRanda
Go Packers Go !!!!!
Ditto...Ditto
Yes - GO PACKERS GO!
Live in their backyard - they are the best!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:01 PM

Steelers -- since the Packers beat the Falcons (who forgot to show up for the game). I've been a Steelers fan since the days of Terry Bradshaw. Plus, Hines Ward went to college at Georgia.