Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clean up your sewing room. >

Clean up your sewing room.

Clean up your sewing room.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:49 AM

I'm taking a couch out of my sewing room to make room for organizers and a couple of tall book shelves, which will go against opposite walls, facing each other. Organizers will be placed in between.

Any ideas where I can obtain large fabric organizers at a descent price?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:54 AM

Debra Mc, you sound like me. I want to throw things away but find myself saving it. I even starting saving the label on the side of the fabric for a while...i had to make myself stop. some of my really small scraps are in jars because someone told me that they make nice stuffing for pillows. I am just about there to try this technique. Oh well, we have to detox some kind of way. Good luck on cleaning that room, I am also like Denise, you need creativity and a neat room would need some love and that is fabric all over the place.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:57 AM

I'm with you! Can pass up the bolts, but scraps bring out the Scrap-a-holic in me.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Originally Posted by lyndad
My DH never asks or says anything about my stashes, he just laughs and says as long as it makes you happy.
Your DH sounds like mine. He says he just wants me to be happy.
You know the saying, "Happy wife.. Happy life!" My husband's favorite saying.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:00 PM

I'm with you! Can pass up the bolts, but scraps bring out the Scrap-a-holic in me. (reply to MoMiMI)
Old 01-26-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Originally Posted by lyndad
My DH never asks or says anything about my stashes, he just laughs and says as long as it makes you happy.
Your DH sounds like mine. He says he just wants me to be happy.
You know the saying, "Happy wife.. Happy life!" My husband's favorite saying.
Or "If mama ain't happy, no on ain't happy!" That is so true!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:04 PM

AMEN... i know the feeling... but i'm tooting my horn... i posted in Pictures... a flannel quilt made from "ALL leftovers".... i'm so proud!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by grann of 6
You know, I could get something accomplished if you people didn't keep replying to comments, and interrupting me :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-168508.jpe
Views:	155
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	168513  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 PM

My DH always wants to know when "I'm opening my fabric store or my bookstore!!" But then again he does have a lot of tools and "stuff" he's saving because he may need it!!LOL
Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 PM

Lov a good, quick mind in a man!!!!!!!!!!. My Hubby just makes ugly faces at me, and ask if it is for dinner! We had a rule in the earlier part of our 45 yr marriage,,,,,,,,,if we can't eat it or can't wear it, we don't need it. Of course he forgot some of those rules,,,,,,,
Old 01-26-2011, 12:58 PM

I thought it was just me. I have been on a clean it out mission for two weeks. It could be this nice cool weather Texas is having. The heat seems to do me in. I, also, have been watching some Clean House for the last few months. It makes me want to throw something away during the commercials.

I bought a five basket system from the container store to organize tools and such. I am tired of looking for things. I, also, ordered 18 open stacking bins for fabric. I am tired of moving plastic container and killing my back. I, already, have a peg board that holds my rulers, scissors and rotary cutters. I love it.

While I was waiting for the bins to come in, I worked on my clothes closet. I don't get this urge very often, so I am trying to take advantage of it. I have five boxes and a large bag of clothes for my son to haul to the Purple Heart truck and I haven't even started on my sewing room yet.

This is our story:
I am not a Fabriholic,
I just need one more yard,
Really, Just one more!!!

I wasn't going to buy any more fabric for a few months. Satan's Secretary (AKA: My Best Friend) told me that one of our LQS is closing and the big sale starts tomorrow. She, also, wants to go on a day trip to three other shops that are having sales next week. How can I say no to my BF. :roll: :twisted: 8-)