Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki Exceed quilt & pro special machine >

Juki Exceed quilt & pro special machine

Juki Exceed quilt & pro special machine

Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM

Now that my curosity (sp) has gotten the better of me....I tried to check it out a bit more and from what I can tell there are 3 Juki Exceed & Quilt Pro machines....HZL and then numbers.....so maybe this is the issue with the throat space. Don't have time to check them all out and maybe the one I chose was one of different dimensions but there are 3 of these machines out there. They do all start with HZL and then a number. Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:23 PM

The Exceed HZL has 3 machines. F300, F400 and F600. The F600 is the TOL and raicherts has it for $975, which is probably going to be one of the best prices around. The funny thing is, the F300 is as high or higher on most sites yet it has the least features and accessories. From what I understand, the harp area is only a wee bit smaller than the 98Q. If you want, call Les at Raicherts and get the low down on it.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:33 PM

One of my local shops has a tl98q for $650 that I am looking at but I don't know anybody who has one. Do you think that is worth considering. They back the machine and service is always good there!

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I agree with Melinda as I did a search for you also and her measurements are correct. But from what I understand it would be a 12 1/4 work area to the right of the needle which is a nice size area. . I have the Juki TL98Q and it has the 9 inch throat area. Looks like a really nice machine.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM

[quote=custompolz]One of my local shops has a tl98q for $650 that I am looking at but I don't know anybody who has one. Do you think that is worth considering. They back the machine and service is always good there!

I would snap it up in a second. It's the machine I have. Melinda has the newest version of it, but I would buy a second one if I could afford it- one for the frame and one for piecing. It's a great machine.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:42 PM

[quote=custompolz]One of my local shops has a tl98q for $650 that I am looking at but I don't know anybody who has one. Do you think that is worth considering. They back the machine and service is always good there!

I think that's a great price for you! I love mine and wouldn't get rid of it ever, nor any of my Pfaff's or vintage machines.
If they back the machine and you know the service is good then I sure would go for it.

There're really not much that could go wrong with it as it is a solid metal mechanical machine that does straight stitch only.
Most people absolutely love theirs.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
The Exceed HZL has 3 machines. F300, F400 and F600. The F600 is the TOL and raicherts has it for $975, which is probably going to be one of the best prices around. The funny thing is, the F300 is as high or higher on most sites yet it has the least features and accessories. From what I understand, the harp area is only a wee bit smaller than the 98Q. If you want, call Les at Raicherts and get the low down on it.

Thanks Melinda for all your clarification.....guess I read it wrong and was having a brain malfunction while reading. As I said in a previous post I bought my 98Q from Les when they first came out. He sent it to me to Germany and it has been a dream machine.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 PM

[quote=hazeljane]Please don't be offended, because that was so not my intent!

I find in all the specs I read that is has a 12 1/4" X 8" work surface, but not to the right of the needle, just in general. from the photos, it looks like they mean the whole flat area of the sewing machine, because compared to the 98Q, with a 9" harp, the harp on this one is much smaller. It does and is designed for different things, I think. I just don't think it's to the right of the needle, as I haven't found that in my specs.

I didn't mean to start any kind of battle, and just wanted to make sure someone less experienced didn't read this and make an assumption that was wrong. I certainly didn't mean to offend you or disagree with you, except for that one little thing.

Friends?

Of course, never any doubt Hazeljane....you did not offend me at all. I was just trying to clarify that I didn't say it was a mid arm machine. I misunderstood the specs and feel terrible that I really thought it was 12 1/4 and now understand how I read it incorrectly. I was amazed there were 3 other of this type of machine but did notice that the harp area didn't seem all that large. We all try our best to help with what knowledge we have and what we try to find for someone else and I should have taken more time so there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding for a newer quilter.

Thank you for your kind response back to me but it truly wasn't necessary as I wasn't offended and least of all did not want a battle over this or anything else. I'm sure like yourself I love quilting and find such joy in it and do my best to help when I can. :-)
Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 PM

People who have them RAVE about the Juki F600. Melinda is right to head you to Raichert's as they indeed have great prices and great service. For the person interested in the TL98Q, you might be interested in the TL2010Q which is an updated model with speed control and several other updates. Again check out Raichert's as they seem to have the best price anywhere. I got mine two days earlier than promised. (I live on the other side of the country from them too!)
Old 02-08-2011, 02:40 PM

Yes. Check out Raicherts. I just bought a Juki F600 from an internet store front and the machine that was sent to me has issues. I believe the machine will eventually get the kinks out and I'm going to be very happy with this machine but if I had bought from an authorized dealer, I more than likely would have been happy last Friday. Here it is Tuesday and I'm still waiting for Happiness.

The outfit I bought from, Sammy from Sewing Machine Outlet in Louisiana, is not an authorized dealer, neither he nor his staff have been trained on this machine and he was Dr. Jekyll during the sale of the machine turned Mr. Hyde real fast when I called to say the machine wasn't working. Didn't even feel necessary to say to me "Let me put in touch with someone who can help you at ...."

Good luck and let my experience save you the same.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:48 PM

I had the same Dr Jekyll experience when dealing with Ken's sewing center. Kevin did a a quick about face when there was a problem (their fault- they sent me a Janome instead of a Juki!!!). I agree that Raichert's is a very reputable place to buy from. But you must call them as their online site is still in the stone ages.