Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Love your featherweight? >

Love your featherweight?

Love your featherweight?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:39 AM

Pumpkinpatchquilter, LOVE your avatar quilt! Stunning.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:10 AM

Because they do a beautiful job of sewing seams, small, compact, light weight & they are not made any longer , made of all metal & will last forever if taken care of.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:40 AM

They are just so awesome. Get it and if you dont like it or want it, PM me and I will pay the shipping for you to send it to me :) ....... I know I wont be hearing from you :( You will love the little thing.... I promise :)
Old 01-28-2011, 06:45 AM

I had one given to me by a friend who calls himself a cosmetic surgeon. He cleans up houses and then does the remodeling.He saw this one and the lady said it hadn't been used for 40 years and I believe it. The grease was thick and it hadn't been oiled in forever. I cleaned it but not to my satifaction so took it to a repair shop and now its like new. I looked it up online and it was born August 15, 1940 in Elizabeth, NJ. I love it!! Take the machine..its a gift you will always enjoy and remember the person who gave it to you..
Old 01-28-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by johans
I was lucky to find a Featherweight that was "born" when I was, and for under $200. These machines can be totally maintained by regular people. No need for a repair person unless you break something major. They're quiet, dependable, and sew almost everything. My regular machine is a Bernina -- which I LOVE! But it is heavy to lug to quilting meetings. It stays in my sewing room, while the Featherweight happily travels along with me. There are Featherweight sites where you can buy maintenance manuals, parts, carrying cases, etc.
Same here . . . I have 2 FWs and a Bernina. And, FWs are so cute! :lol:
Old 01-28-2011, 06:52 AM

I have one and it is cute but don't use it because I have the Janome 3120QC. It weighs 12 lbs and is a full size machine. Has a thread cutter and all the bells and whistles like needle up and down and tie off. Comes with an extension table and hard case so really easy to tote to class or for the person who has to set up thier machine to sew. The Janome 720 or 760 are smaller versions and have neat features except for the thread cutter, and are light weight too. All have beautiful stitches and can use a 1/4 in foot or a walking foot.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:07 AM

FREE??? Lucky you! I love mine, sews a perfect stitch and will outlast all of my newer machines even though it's already 60 years old.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Heather Hayllar
I thought I started at the beginning!!
Oh Dear!! :oops:
Fear not!! You have just joined the crowd! :lol:
Old 01-28-2011, 07:54 AM

I love my FW because you won't find another machine that sews a more beautiful straight stitch. It is lightweight, and extremely durable. It is wonderful to piece on. They are very easy to maintain. Just think about it.Some of these little workhorses have been around for well over 50 years and are still going. I promise you won't find a machine on the market today that will last nearly that long. You can't go wrong with a FW. You should jump on this.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:55 AM

I have two and I love both.