Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What size quilt do you make most often? >

What size quilt do you make most often?

What size quilt do you make most often?

Old 01-29-2011, 09:14 AM

I've made all sizes, from miniature to King. Miniatures are great for experimenting with color combinations and new techniques and for donating to silent auctions at quilt shows. Have made many baby quilts, wall quilts and lap quilts for gifts or charity. Made 1 King as wedding gift for DS and DDIL. Have sold many miniature tops and have several bed sized quilts as UFO's.

So . . . what was the original question???
OK . . . I live in a small space and overall tend to make quilts in the smaller size range.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:33 AM

I like king size quilts. I want them to fit my beds, I have 2 king size beds and one queen size bed. I just bought a new joy quilt frame - so far I like it just fine. I put it together myself without any help - I was proud of myself. I started quilting my quilt with one of my home sewing machines, its a bernina, don't have much quilting space with it. I got to a point where I couldn't go any further because I didn't have any more space to quilt so I decided to invest in a long arm sewing machine. I ordered the baileys home quilter, I don't have it yet - but I''m excited to get it so I can proceed quilting project. It's about 3/4 done.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:59 AM

I tend to make mostly lap size for myself and as gifts. Depending on the recipient I might need to make them extra long - lot of tall men in my family. I do make baby quilts and just started making smaller ones fcr wall hangings and table toppers/runners. Until I can afford a long arm (when my ship comes in - though I'll probably waiting at the airport) I like to make the size I can machine quilt myself.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:03 AM

where are u in pa. suzi
Old 01-29-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Large Lap size quilts. They are almost twin. I give this size a lot for wedding gifts and such. Something big enough for 2 people to cuddle under on the couch.
--------------
Me too. And also since my youngest son is 6'2 and dear SIL is 6/5.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Mine are never the size the pattern suggests. Twin-ish or Double-ish. When someone asks me how big the quilt will be, I have to say "I'll know when it's finished" and that is a sad truth.
True for me also. And when I knit a sweater if asked who its for I always respond, "Who ever it fits."
Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 PM

Baby quilts keep me busy. My daughters are grown, and tell me they are "done with that". But the nieces and dear friends are all very productive.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:29 PM

Most of my quilts are queen size or baby quilts. Sometimes I come across some material that goes together and fits a double bed or a twin, but the biggest majority are queen size.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:31 PM

Lately I've been doing a lot of baby quilts. But I usually do twin or queen size. Haven't done a queen in a while. Need to do one for my brother.

Kathy C
Old 01-29-2011, 03:34 PM

Baby size or lap quilts for me, but I have made one queen and several twin size. Depends a lot on who I am making it for and how they want to use it.