Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tennessee Waltz Quilt >

Tennessee Waltz Quilt

Tennessee Waltz Quilt

Old 01-30-2011, 01:24 AM

I only joined this forum yesterday so I feel abit cheeky asking for help straight away but I wonder if anyone can help me.....I would really love to have a go at making the tennessee waltz quilt that Jo Higdon posted a picture of on Jan 27th. I think it is stunning.
I have ordered the quilt in a day book for it but it is going to take some time to arrive as I am in the UK....does anyone have the cutting instructions for it? Also how big are the blocks?
Any help would be really appreciated.....and if anyone would like to be my mentor when I do it...I would love them to bits...have never embarked on something like this before...thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 02:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Little RoO
I only joined this forum yesterday so I feel abit cheeky asking for help straight away but I wonder if anyone can help me.....I would really love to have a go at making the tennessee waltz quilt that Jo Higdon posted a picture of on Jan 27th. I think it is stunning.
I have ordered the quilt in a day book for it but it is going to take some time to arrive as I am in the UK....does anyone have the cutting instructions for it? Also how big are the blocks?
Any help would be really appreciated.....and if anyone would like to be my mentor when I do it...I would love them to bits...have never embarked on something like this before...thanks
:P :thumbup: Hi and welcome. I don't have an answer for you I just wanted to welcome you to this awsome board. I know there is someone out there who can help you. Wish I could but........... I am a newbie myself I get a lot of great advise here and the people are the very helpful. My best wishes are with you. I'll be looking forward to hearing how things are going with you. Take care and again WELCOME.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:45 AM
Power Poster

i've had the 'booklet' for the tennessee waltz quilt for a few years, but never took the time to make it...reading your post made me go get it out...i would love to do this along with you! so will send you a pm.
thanks for the poke-- ;)
Old 01-30-2011, 02:55 AM

I have the Eleanor Burns' book that you ordered.
I've never made the quilt yet but, looking at the directions, I think the blocks are approx. 9 inches each.
I can give you some info.
What size quilt are you going to make?
Old 01-30-2011, 05:27 AM

I only joined this forum yesterday so I feel abit cheeky asking for help straight away but I wonder if anyone can help me.....

.....and if anyone would like to be my mentor when I do it...I would love them to bits...have never embarked on something like this before...thanks
Hello and welcome!!! Never feel bad for asking questions :) I ask questions ALL THE TIME and the wonderful people on this board (both men and women) are just WONDERFULLY helpful!!

There was a thread ... way back when ... and they did kinda a big/little thing where an experienced quilter would kinda adopt an inexperienced quilter ... I am sure that someone who has done this pattern would LOVE to help you out :)

Good luck!! It will be stunning when you are finished, I am sure!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:43 AM

I also have the book, but haven't made it yet! I know BAD, BAD, BAD, but I sure dont have enough time to do all I want yet, lol! What size are you wanting to make so that we can help you out?
Old 01-30-2011, 05:46 AM

can't help you,just wanted to welcome you from indiana,usa
dar
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 AM

Welcome from Georgia. I am going to peek at the Tennessee Waltz quilt.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:37 AM

Put Tennessee Waltz quilt in search to see many quilts made in the past.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:18 AM

Welcome from TN! I don't have the book or any helpful hints, but I did want to say hello and let you know you have joined a great site.