Netflix...do you use it?

Old 01-30-2011, 04:06 PM

i have netflix and I love it!! However when i stream it through my laptop it pauses about every 15-20 min.!! However I also sit in another room than my modem and router!! If you have a good signal where you will use it then it should be fine!! Just something to think about!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by niizh
I have netflix and am testing hulu. I have old tv. Purchase a Roku device (online) which connects to internet then to tv. Works very goo. Was supposed to get free month of Hulu, but never came to pass. Hulu doesn't seem as organized as netflix, but still not a bad deal. It does not bleep the dirty words.
What is Hulu and what is Roku?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM

We use Netflix a lot and also use the Redbox right down the road! In fact, we use the redbox more than Netflix because we have been getting a lot of free codes through our email :)
Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM

I would give up satellite in a heartbeat. But I would miss Food Network, TLC and A&E. Can you get anything like that on netflix? Also what about sports? That's what my son watches when he's not playing video games.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:12 PM

My room mate went crazy when I got rid of cable..he's a sports fanatic...he got use to it. He listens on the radio, or even watches some on-line.

I use to be consumed with all the A&E and TLC shows...but now I'd traded one addiction for another...now I'm on the computer all the time. LOL

You learn to adapt.

I don't miss cable at all.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Scrapquilt
Have you tried to connect your lap top to your tv? My husband has our desk top attached to our TV.
My tv is too old to do that
Old 01-30-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Scrapquilt
Have you tried to connect your lap top to your tv? My husband has our desk top attached to our TV.
How do you do that? did you have to buy an adaptor?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

we can not get cable so we had satelite. Hated that and did not like the shows. We now do net flick and after several mon ths bought a box ~$50 that is hooke dup to the tv. You can also hook up the computer but was not convenient for me but my adult kids do that all the time. Sofar I am happy and there is plenty to watch on my time. Also I can just stop it and walk away and then watch it another time or let my children watch a program and then get back to what I was watching after they are in bed. Definitely try it and spend a little time figuring out and trying their different options.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:48 PM

I agree that balancing the laptop is difficult, but there is a way, without WII to get streaming. My friend has a device that she bought from Netflix to see the films she wants every night. She doesn't have cable or satellite.
Sally
Old 01-30-2011, 04:48 PM

We have netflix and just love it. I get a new DVD about every 3 days. The service is great. Order your DVD on line (I always have a bout 15 in my "queue"). When you are finished watching, simply pop back in your mailbox and it automatically goes to the next movie you have in your queue. BTW, they pay for all the postage.

We have not had a landline in 4 years. We both had company paid cell phones and when I was laid off 3 years ago, I purchased a Tracphone system. Good phones, no contracts and renew minutes as you need them. My cell phone bill was over $60.00 per month, it has dropped to $74 every two to two and half months.

We just purchased a new TV and we also purchased a new system called Google TV. It was $300 (One time charge) but you can get online on your TV. It comes with a mini keyboard. So anything that is on the net, you can access through your TV. Eliminates the need for your wireless laptop balancoing on your lap!!!! I can' wait to watch Netflix on there. Plus all the tutorials on You Tube, accessing email, being on the board while wtching my fav TV show...oh my. I love the new technology!