Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A girl's gotta dream ... >

A girl's gotta dream ...

A girl's gotta dream ...

Old 01-29-2011, 08:18 AM

Have any of you looked into the Homesteader? This is the one that I picked because of price, service and size. I think the whole system is less expensive then all the other names. Here is the link:

http://thequiltingsolution.com/homesteader.html

No, I am not affiliated with this company. Just lots of research, questions, reading and talking......
Old 01-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

I understand about not wanting to test drive because you are scared to push up the time table but I would say do try any out you have a chance to. There were soem I thought I would want but after playing with them almost side by side at a convention there are some I would definitely not want. Those machines feel very different and what is right for one might not be for another. I really liked Innova, Prodigy and maybe A1. I was surprised some of the others were not for me. This will also help incase you ever see a used one and it will give you a sense of what is a good deal and what is not.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:55 AM

Check out the Innova before you buy.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:12 AM

I don't have any answers for you, because I'm dreaming, too. I recently went to our local quilt shop and there was a Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen for sit down use for sale. Which is perfect for me, because I would be using it in my sewing room/my son's old bedroom and it's quite small. I got to sit down & FMQ with it, and it sewed so smoothly. The price for the machine & the table was $4900. Wish I had the money!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:59 AM

I have looked at the models of LAs at my lqs and cannot understand why they are as expensive as a car. IMO, There is nothing that remarkable about their construction nor amazing about the sewing machines (with the possible exception of the stitch regulator). I cannot imagine they are that expensive to produce. Does anyone have an idea why so pricey?
Old 01-30-2011, 12:44 PM

Take a look at the Homesteader. We test drove one at the local quilt show last year. It's the cheapest one I've seen yet and wouldn't be hard to get it worked on from what I am told if you ever have problems.

http://www.thequiltingsolution.com/homesteader.html
Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
You can pick up a Tin Lizzie 18ls complete with SR and Lizzie stitch for about 12,000.sometimes less. That will handle king sized. Easy to put together and use. Operates from front or back has laser for pantographs, everything you could ever need.
you can get a brand-new one for about $8,000. often less at the shows if you go for one that has no computer. but you have to buy your own poles from home depot. you can get queen poles or king poles - your choice. when i got mine i got queen poles. then ernie the owner said i could have gotten longer ones. i'm sorry i didn't know sooner, but i'm not taking it apart. the machine includes the light and the panto shelf also. you can add stuff if you want to. the best place to buy is the shows. the distributors can give you the best deals because they have the most competition there. check the prices online so you have some bargaining power whatever you buy.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Wow, that is alot of sewing to justify that cost. Some of you are very lucky.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:55 PM

I've been doing a bit of dreaming myself. Here's a Tin Lizzie under $5000.

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/qu...tinlizzy18.php
Old 01-30-2011, 06:27 PM

Go to the HQ website You can get an idea of their price