Netflix...do you use it?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 AM

I use Netflix mostly on my computer for me and DVD's for DH. I am very satisfied. I even gave a gift to my daughter and family and they LOVE it, too.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 AM

Oh yes it Is very worth it to me, If you have a newer tv you can watch them on the tv through a blue ray player, an x box etc.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:59 AM

we use it alot...we don't have high speed internet and no cable by the house but have a dish...We like the idea of watching a movie with no commercials...we get about 2/week for $10 and don't have to make of apoint of returning them
Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 AM

I signed up for the trial liked it so much we stayed on at $5.36 per month, we get 2 movies a month, that's plenty as we don't watch that much t.v. I know they have plans that are higher w/ more movies per month, but this works for us. Heck we would go to 2 movies a month at the theater, at $38.00 a pop! This way we make popcorn, & watch in our jammies. :)
Old 01-31-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I signed up for the 30 day trial last night and we watched Anne Frank...what a tear jerker at the end!

So far I am impressed by the dvd selection. However...I'm not very impressed with the watch it now selection. Every tv show I looked for is only on DVD...seems like the shows that are available to watch instantly are shows I never would have watched on tv to begin with. Am I missing something? We like to watch the crime shows, like NCIS, CSI, there are some Law and Order's on available, and we love Everybody Loves Raymond, but it's only on DVD...I have a feeling we will keep the Netflix, even for the Dvd's...still can't go wrong for $10 a month for those!
Jennifer,
You can watch all those shows on your laptop by going to the network site or sign up for HuLu or something free like that, we used to tape Greys anatomy so we could watch it at our lesiure, we just go to ABC now. very few commercials & you do it on your time
Old 01-31-2011, 06:12 AM

We have it, and although most of the movies we have seen before, we find we will watch them again, if they are good ones. Esp Clint Eastwood movies!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:36 AM

we have been considering that too
Old 01-31-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by vjengels
Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I signed up for the 30 day trial last night and we watched Anne Frank...what a tear jerker at the end!

So far I am impressed by the dvd selection. However...I'm not very impressed with the watch it now selection. Every tv show I looked for is only on DVD...seems like the shows that are available to watch instantly are shows I never would have watched on tv to begin with. Am I missing something? We like to watch the crime shows, like NCIS, CSI, there are some Law and Order's on available, and we love Everybody Loves Raymond, but it's only on DVD...I have a feeling we will keep the Netflix, even for the Dvd's...still can't go wrong for $10 a month for those!
Jennifer,
You can watch all those shows on your laptop by going to the network site or sign up for HuLu or something free like that, we used to tape Greys anatomy so we could watch it at our lesiure, we just go to ABC now. very few commercials & you do it on your time

That is what we do...I was just hoping to find them on netflix commercial free. The only show I LOVE and is not available online is The Walking Dead on AMC...and it's not on dvd yet either...
Old 01-31-2011, 06:47 AM

We have had netflix for a couple of years now, and love it.
I would give up cable but not netflix. We bought a roku box, so we can watch movies all day long if we want to.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 AM

I use Netflix and love it.