Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 02-01-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Makinlee Grace Bloesser is born. Weighed 7.5 lbs, and 20 1/2 inches long, everyone is doing great!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! A new baby to love.....
Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 AM

oh how sweet!!! Thank you for sharing!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:05 AM

ADORABLE!!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by purplemem
Thank you.

She looks just like her mama. She is very pretty.
She's a beauty!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:09 AM

I don't know which suprised me more losing 24.5 lbs or winning this month. I started going to the gym every other day. The 1st week I was hurting after 20 minutes but now I go 6 days a week and workout atleast an hour. I'm begining to love the gym. As for diet, I eat oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, a protien shake for lunch, and a salad for dinner. I drinks alot of water.
Thanks for being here for each other. I didn't join in on the talk but I read every word and I was encouraged all the way. I plan on keeping this going so see ya'll in the Febuary thread.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 AM

Wow! Very inspiring! I never thought of walking in place what is the name of the show? Good idea when it is so cold out. (-12 here right now!) Keep us updated on your progress it really motivates others. One question does the truvia leave an after taste??? I have tried stevia before that was not so good!

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by lauriejo
Way to go bjeriann and Edie!!!!!
Thanks, ever so! I had a hoot. I bought a pedometer and put it on my jeans and wore it every second I was up. This past month I did a cable tv walking show which consisted of a mile walk in place in your own home (I was able to walk any time of the day I wanted to, so I chose morning and around 4:00 in the afternoon and did it twice a day (2 miles) and it registered on the pedometer, so between that and errands and shoveling (oh, really?), I managed to put on about 3-1/2 to 4 miles a day, except last Friday, when I hit 10,000 steps!!!! That is five miles - you can count walking up and down store aisles, vacuuming, running up and down stairs. If it registers, you got it! I also discovered a fantastic website where if I wanted such and such for dinner, I would look it up and it would tell me how many calories, what the nutritional value was and I would go from there. My favorite was fresh blueberries - count them out - 50 - and Truvia sweetener, a toothpick and chow down - only 39 calories. Also for those in the Midwest Roundy's mini rice cakes - chocolate, caramel or cheddar cheese - each one absolutely delicious, less expensive than Quaker and was able to get 8 or 9 of those little cakes for 70 calories. I did not starve. In one month I can definitely notice a difference - two ten pound bags of flour and one family pack (3#) of hamburger less than I weighed on the 1st of January. No milk, (only for coffee - 2%) no bread, no desserts, except the mini rice cakes. Lots and lots of fruits - partial to apples, oranges, bananas and blueberries this time of year. I have one big salad a day, either one hard boiled egg cut into it or one thick slice of ham, turkey or chicken lunch meat cut up and mixed in with it, mushrooms, tomatoes, celery, baby corn cut up (2 per salad), ripe or green olives.

So, you all coming up for February, I wish you good luck, healthy eating and happy times ahead.

It is 7:41, I moved the van (snow emergency), I have walked a mile, I watched Fons and Porter and ate my breakfast (blueberries, one cup of Rice checks (100 cal) and now I am sucking on a cup of tea with Truvia. No calories! I have sewn 16 squares together and am ready to sew the block together, but first I have to go out and shovel - close to 6" of snow. AND I AM 72 YEARS OLD!

Now, don't any of you tell me you can't lose weight in February,
because you can.

Oh, I fed my husband hash browns and a T-Bone steak, meat loaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, chocolate cake, ice cream, ice cream sandwiches in the freezer, mac and cheese. Didn't touch a one.

I'll be totally honest. I wanted to win those fat quarters and I did think 23 pounds would do it. It didn't. But I feel so darn good you wouldn't believe it. I would like to lose another 20 lbs this month. Then I'll hit 148 and if I can lose another 18 pounds after that, I will be the weight I was when I was married 50-1/2 years ago. How is that for a goal!

You can do it! It's a walk in the park! For me it was a walk in the living room (haha)!

Go for it!!!!!! Edie
Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
One question does the truvia leave an after taste??? I have tried stevia before that was not so good!
]
I use Stevia in the Raw and it doesn't have an aftertaste...some Stevia brands have a bitter taste or aftertaste
Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 AM

Since there were so many signed up for January I want to spilt the F4's with Edie. I know she work as hard as I did. So if you have pm'd me thankyou for the F4, If you haven't PLEASE PM Edie.

Originally Posted by trupeach1
This month was very close however the winner losing 24.5 pounds is..........bjeriann!

Congrats...

our runner up was Edie who lost 23lbs.. for all who lost that was great for all who stayed the same at least you didn't gain and for all who gained try harder this month.

Please PM bjeriann for her infor so she can receive her much deserved FQ's. This months theme was solids as always if you don't have the themed FQ and can not buy one PLEASE send a FQ of your choice. Thanks you.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:45 AM

Congrats! bjeriann
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I'm sending 1 to both of you.