Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing With Nancy >

Sewing With Nancy

Sewing With Nancy

Old 12-27-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by vickiebouten
I don't have cable or dish I'm on over the air with an antenna. I think it's weird that some people are getting new episodes and some are not. I Thought maybe it was that I am over the air but it seems that it is both ways
My channels are 11.1, 11.2, 11.3 create, 11.4 which is the radio station.
All you on the dishnetwork and direct TV are you getting your PBS channels from Portland or from a different state? Maybe that is the difference.
I'm going to call Bend Broadband and find out even though I don't have them.
I think I've seen every episode of her show 14 times and still watch them!
The other ones America Sews and Fon's and Porter are new as far as I can tell.
Vickie -- that might be it. But I would've sworn that OPB was OPB (or PBS was PBS)....wouldn't have thought getting them from different sources would make that much difference! I DO know that I wrote (email) and complained about not getting them on DishNetwork and after a lot of complaining on my part, we started getting them. So maybe if you write???????
Old 12-27-2010, 06:57 PM

I'm in Illinois...nowhere near Oregon, but I watch our local PBS over the air. No dish or cable. We have 4 channels. Three plus Create as you mentioned and ALL of the Sewing with Nancy shows I ever see are reruns. It seems like they own about 10 episodes and keep repeating them.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Vickie! I'm in La Pine!!! I thought OPB was only on one station. I'm on DishNetwork and get it on channel 11. Are you on cable or satellite? What channels did they tell you it was on? I've been recording it...and just looked. ALL the programs I've recorded in the last few months have been made in 2009.

dee
It's the same thing here in Central FL
Old 12-27-2010, 07:10 PM

same thing in eastern Iowa. get it on 32.1 but they are always reruns. But I think it has something to do with the PBS buying the showes, at least here in IA.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:53 PM

That must be what it is then if you get them over the air antenna style you get the reruns no matter where you are. Guess I'm going to start complaining big time.
There aren't many craft/sewing shows on anymore and the reruns are getting old.
I have to say the Create channel repeats the same stuff over and over and over again.
So I think I will do as suggested and start watching it on the computer!
Thanks for all the replies at least now I know I'm not crazy!
Vickie
Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM

My PBS stopped showing the reruns. Is she running new shows now? (2011) What about America Sews? We were just getting reruns of those too until that stopped running here. Many of these hosts are getting older and I keep waiting for some one younger to create a show but no luck. Mary Fons has an online show Quilty but it's too simplistic even for me.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Power Poster

Each local PBS station has to purchase the shows. If they get enough contributions they can purchase and run new episodes. You DO pledge, don't you? They don't get any percentage of your cable or dish fee, so figure out which PBS station your getting and PLEDGE!!!!!