Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011 >

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Old 01-31-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by dream56
Thanks for those links Dee. I checked out the dragons. Not too bad. I see what you mean. Here is the dragon that *I* found. It's a little sketchy in points because I had to erase the big D it was winding around and reconstruct.
I like it - but would you really do small applique in all those small pieces in his stomach area or do one piece and embroider details?
I was thinking of doing one piece and then embroidery details. Also probably embroider his claws, teeth, etc.
That might not be too bad to do. Have fun. What are you making with it?
I was thinking of doing the stained glass one like stained glass with either black strips or just separating it and fusing it to a black background. I just really like the blue metallic fabric I was using and none of the dragon colors seemed to match this color without clashing. So my LQS lady helped me come up with an answer. Her daughter is into dragons too and she had something she ordered for her and I loved it. Wait until you see your dragon tote bag - you will love it.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:05 PM

Thanks for those links Dee. I checked out the dragons. Not too bad. I see what you mean. Here is the dragon that *I* found. It's a little sketchy in points because I had to erase the big D it was winding around and reconstruct.
I like it - but would you really do small applique in all those small pieces in his stomach area or do one piece and embroider details?
I was thinking of doing one piece and then embroidery details. Also probably embroider his claws, teeth, etc.
That might not be too bad to do. Have fun. What are you making with it?
I was thinking of doing the stained glass one like stained glass with either black strips or just separating it and fusing it to a black background. I just really like the blue metallic fabric I was using and none of the dragon colors seemed to match this color without clashing. So my LQS lady helped me come up with an answer. Her daughter is into dragons too and she had something she ordered for her and I loved it. Wait until you see your dragon tote bag - you will love it.
Can't wait to see it. Thoughts of what will be coming to me from both you and Shawn will keep my fingers moving and stitching. :) She is making up the pattern herself so I will have to things that are totally unique. I love it!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 PM

Just have fun - I'm not fussy. If it's handmade and I didn't have to do it - I'll love it.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM

Love seeing the projects so far. I remember thinking I was crazy for signing up for this month. Didn't think I quilted good enough, but I am having so much fun and made new friends too.
I think everyone is having fun - last I saw we had 18 signed up for Feb. Love it.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by mim
Have you checked critters?? they had a wonderful pattern with a lot of applique dragons. I did a couple wall hangings for the twins when they were young -- the "same only different" www.critterpat.com -- the pattern is on the second page of patterns

Mim

Dragon? you were going to do a dragon? How awesome. I know what you mean about it being beyond scope. I have to do one (in greens) for a friend of mine and I was thinking of the same thing. Did you have a pattern? I'd love to see it.
Happy Quilting!
Thanks Mim.... I just looked at them and might order it some day since they have a griffin in the package also. For those who hadn't seen it yet here is the link:

http://www.critterpat.com/item.php?i...category_id=51
Old 01-31-2011, 05:49 PM

Attention everybody: Please check out the group activity site

http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...acnum=96#17390

and let me know if I have your status listed right. Eventually there will be two status notes in there....one to say mailed and one to say received. Let me know of any corrections.

Thanks. Happy Quilting.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:38 PM

I received a wonderful table runner from mom-6 today - it is absolutely beautiful - I love it !!
Will post a pic later.

Thank you so much !
Old 02-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Jenni,
I have your table runner ready to send...as soon as I get plowed out LOL! I knew I should have mailed it the other day. I just wanted to add something to it! It'll be there soon, I promise!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
Jenni,
I have your table runner ready to send...as soon as I get plowed out LOL! I knew I should have mailed it the other day. I just wanted to add something to it! It'll be there soon, I promise!
Oh I know what you mean about getting plowed out. I am in the middle of a blizzard and work was cancelled for tomorrow. YAY...more quilting time to work on the swap projects. :)
Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 PM

I love a quilt day!!!! This is the only reason for snow! Otherwise, I dislike snow!
Originally Posted by Alisapao730
Jenni,
Oh I know what you mean about getting plowed out. I am in the middle of a blizzard and work was cancelled for tomorrow. YAY...more quilting time to work on the swap projects. :)