Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just wondering where you get your fabric... >

Just wondering where you get your fabric...

Just wondering where you get your fabric...

Old 02-03-2011, 02:19 PM

Greetings from Phoenix, AZ
I buy most of my fabric from Walmart, especially David's Textile fabric, very good quality fabric. I also purchase fabric at JoAnne's only with their 40% off coupons. The local quilt shops: 35th Ave Sewing Shop and Mulqueens, both in Glendale, Arizona, have excellent fabric already paired together for you with complimentary and matching fabrics, they tend to be more expensive. Coupons from them also help.
from, Debbie
Old 02-03-2011, 03:18 PM

Mostly on sale at JoAnns but I make sure that it isn't 'thin' fabric which they do have. Connecting Threads. And a somewhat local fabric place called M&L Fabrics in the Anaheim CA area ... love that place, they carry big name fabrics but way below LQS prices. And I am all about frugal.

I haven't purchased from eBay in years.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 02-03-2011, 03:20 PM

I buy wherever I get a good price. Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, LQS, internet, plus I have a lots of fabric from Marshall Dry Goods as well.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by VaNella
For me it is online stores, ebay and swaps. Mostly I buy from Thousands of bolts and Piecework although I will buy from anywhere there is a sale! I am quite new here and am looking forward to purchasing some here as well.
I buy a lot at Zinks in Berlin, Ohio in the Amish Country. It is fabric outlet. You have to watch what you buy but most of the time you get it real reasonable.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:17 PM

I am lucky to have 5-8 quilt shops near me and I make good use of all of them. (TOO good!!!) I also love to buy on line at several sites; my favorite? equilter.com. I never worry about not finding something I really need or want with all that's available on line. My stash is huge, but VERY organized. I cannot work in a mess. So while I make a mess when I am working, it gets "tidied up" frequently. I ripped up the carpet and have a wood floor now which is awesome. Swiffer Sweeper is all I need most of the time.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:24 PM

LQS, JoAnns, Hancocks, Thrift Stores, if I see a piece of fabric I like, I don't care where it is I buy it. I love LQS fabric but that isn't the only fabric in the world for me. Opps, I forgot Hobby Lobby also.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by barbt
Originally Posted by VaNella
For me it is online stores, ebay and swaps. Mostly I buy from Thousands of bolts and Piecework although I will buy from anywhere there is a sale! I am quite new here and am looking forward to purchasing some here as well.
I buy a lot at Zinks in Berlin, Ohio in the Amish Country. It is fabric outlet. You have to watch what you buy but most of the time you get it real reasonable.
I have also shopped there while visiting DH's Aunt. She lived in Clinton. Been to Mansfield many times...
Old 02-03-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The last few years I have bought Connecting Threads fabric the most. I buy David's Textiles at Walmart and I have a lot of yardage from Marshall's Dry Goods. I buy pre cuts, kits and fat quarters when I go to Hancock's of Paducah and to Eleanor Burns tent sale in April for the big quilt show.
I found some David Textiles at Walmart recently marked down to $1 a yard.....Of course I bought them. You have to pull bolts out and look for pricing as they are not all in one place....just mixed in.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:41 PM

It's interesting that a lot of you say you getyour material at the charity stores, as that is one place that you would very rarely find any decent material here. There is sometimes old curtains and half done embroideries and ugly nylon material, but almost never to find the stashes of lovely cottons that you folk end up with - a very different culture.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 PM

I love getting fabric from C.T. Also from Walmart [at least till they take it out,maybe in June:(] Also I got to Handcocks, when on sale only. The one I love to visit and get lost in is MARY JOS CLOTH in NC. You can look at the site. Any type of cloth you can imagine. She buys and sells all over the world. There are pics too. Check It Out!!