Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just wondering where you get your fabric... >

Just wondering where you get your fabric...

Just wondering where you get your fabric...

Old 02-03-2011, 07:14 PM

I buy fabric at several different places like everyone else. Most of them have been mentioned already except for a small quilt shop located in Jamestown TN: http://www.fabricsnquilts.com/ They have a Deal of the Day everyday. I have gotten some really good deals and the quality is great.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:28 PM

Over the years I have bought from Joannes, Fabric.com, Connecting Threads, Quilt in a day, Thousands of bolts, Hancocks, Marshall Dry Goods,Wal-Mart. Just about any reputable company that has a good sale.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 PM

What is LQS?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by merry
Buy most of mine from Country Lane Quilts & Gifts they have a 50% off fabrics this week! Great selection too.
do you know a web site for Country Lane Quilts?

Thanks,
Ramona
MY FABRIC NOOK
[email protected]
Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by mslbl
What is LQS?
Local quilt shop. (I'm new too!)
Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 PM

LQS - local quilt shop (I think! lol)
Old 02-03-2011, 09:01 PM

When I first started quilting '07 my mother was sooooooooo excieted she bought me a featherwieght, all the assesories I needed/wanted and even sent me some of her stash. My very first quilt was made from scraps by hand I pieced them together, (wasn't real sure about a mechine yet) never having used one b4. She even sent cut up squares for the quilt. By February '08 I had 47 blocks, made a king with 2 pillow shams and 2 sconces for the windows. I started that in Dec. 07. Since then I have made 4 scrap quilts with that very same stash she sent me. Last year was the first time I ever bought any fabric but to go on a back of something I made. I was so thrilled I bought my first jelly roll and some nice pieces at the Cherry Blossem Fest downtown (Japanise print) I hope to get that done this year, I created my own blocks. But now I have no stash. All my fabric has a home/with a name on it.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 AM

Our local Walmart has restocked their fabric line. Many of them had closed out their fabric department. Today, I was there and discovered that they are now carrying cut yardage, fat quarters, charms, jelly rolls. They had one side of a long aisle full of fabric. Very good colors and designs, too. I pick up 2 neutral fat quarters to "test". The fabric states that it is 100% premium cotton. Will let everyone know!!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 AM

One of the online stores I have been ordering from is OldCountryStore.com. Their service is outstanding and also their "good" fabric is about $2.00 cheaper than other local quilt stores..
Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 AM

I buy all my backing from ChristianLane Fatbacks online in their bargain backs. I buy a little more than I need so I can add to stach. And just found Batiks etcetera online.also the quality of fabrics from Hancocks of Paducah is wonderful!!