Siggy Swap for 2011

Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 AM

HI everyone~ I hope you all are enjoying the swap so far. I won't be back on here again until midnight tonight,so if you have any questions, please pm me, I can get your pms, and sometimes my cell will allow me to send a response back, if it doesn't, I'll call a friend on here to send you a response. Thanks, chris
Old 02-04-2011, 04:54 AM

I've got all my blocks sewn together, just need to sign them and I'll be finished. What a fun project.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:01 AM

I'm in the states for the next three weeks. I made 36 blocks before i left Turkey but I may just start over here after I do some shopping:))) I left them behind as I figured witht the time frame I could finish upon my return. I must shop for pens for writing on fabric as I have never signed any fabric before! Any advice on which ones to purchase is greatly appreciated:) Thank you ladies and gents.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 AM

I use an archival pen that my LQS suggested.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:30 PM

I use Pigma Micron # 1 Archival Ink for acid-free enviornments. They are waterproof and fade-proof. They come in different colors and line widths. Most craft stores have them. Some times you will find them in the artist supply section too.

Originally Posted by Navarre2011
I'm in the states for the next three weeks. I made 36 blocks before i left Turkey but I may just start over here after I do some shopping:))) I left them behind as I figured witht the time frame I could finish upon my return. I must shop for pens for writing on fabric as I have never signed any fabric before! Any advice on which ones to purchase is greatly appreciated:) Thank you ladies and gents.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:09 AM

thanks ladies will hopefully get to that part of my shopping today! Have a great day!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:01 AM

Good afternoon all~

FYI:

so far, I received siggies from Ms. Grace and PokerDiva.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:25 PM

Only have to make 20 more!!! Then i've got one thing out of the way ;-)

Hope everyone has survived the storms! Stay warm & safe *hugs*
Old 02-05-2011, 04:50 PM

This is my first swap, and in my eagerness, I have completed all my blocks, signed them, and want to get them in the mail on Monday.

I re-read the instructions but I still am a little confused on the mailing process.... Could someone please kind of elaborate on it a little?

Specifically:
what envelope size does everyone usually use?
Do I also need to include another envelope of the same size for mailing blocks back to me, self-addressed and postage paid?
Do you just place your blocks in a gallon size ziploc bag and then in the envelope?
Do I PM the coordinator for her home address?

Thank you all for your patience with this newbie! I must say, this is one of the friendliest boards towards newbies that I have ever encountered! It is so nice to come here. I haven't been here long, but I am already have a blast!!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 PM

Welcome, glad you are enjoying the swap. I agree with you, most everyone I have met on here has been very friendly and helpful. I think it is because they all realize that each of us was new and a "beginner" at one time in our life. Quilters enjoy sharing their knowledge and talent to be sure this American treasure is passed on through the generations.

Continued success with your projects. I would be sure to put your completed blocks in a ziplock plastic bag, I don't use the ones with the red slider because they tend to get stuck in the postal equipment. Put the plastic bag inside a manilla envelope 9 X 12 should be good. Or go to the post office and use one of their envelopes to mail it.

You should include an envelope with a label including your return address and postage. ( when you go to the post office, whatever it cost to mail it to Chris, is the amt of postage to put on the return envelope so she can return it to you.)

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
This is my first swap, and in my eagerness, I have completed all my blocks, signed them, and want to get them in the mail on Monday.

I re-read the instructions but I still am a little confused on the mailing process.... Could someone please kind of elaborate on it a little?

Specifically:
what envelope size does everyone usually use?
Do I also need to include another envelope of the same size for mailing blocks back to me, self-addressed and postage paid?
Do you just place your blocks in a gallon size ziploc bag and then in the envelope?
Do I PM the coordinator for her home address?

Thank you all for your patience with this newbie! I must say, this is one of the friendliest boards towards newbies that I have ever encountered! It is so nice to come here. I haven't been here long, but I am already have a blast!!