Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011 >

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Old 02-05-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by dream56
Bonni - I knew you would love the blue metallic - that's why I waited until I got it. I was going to do a dragon applique - but I think it was over my head. So I switched around and am doing something else. Still same fabrics.
How you coming with Ms Shawn's project? Get hers done first - I can wait if you are running late.
Ms. Shawn's project (are you reading this Ms. Shawn?) has been started, scratched, and started again. LOL. I messed up and it had to be restarted. The second go around (with different fabric) is coming along (thanks ConnieQuilts). Connie hleped me to get the main top done. Have to do the border yet and then sandwich and quilt. I have to go to the fabric shop to get another material for the border. I keep forgetting to take the project with me to see what fabric will go.

YOUR project though, Dee, is coming along. I'm working on the third block (out of four) and already have the material for the sashing, border, and binding.

Dragon? you were going to do a dragon? How awesome. I know what you mean about it being beyond scope. I have to do one (in greens) for a friend of mine and I was thinking of the same thing. Did you have a pattern? I'd love to see it.
Yes I am reading this and yours sound's so much more beautiful than mine will be but I am trying! It should be done soon. :thumbup: :XD: :mrgreen:
Old 02-05-2011, 07:51 AM

Speaking of partners. Hey Ms. Shawn!

How do you like this fabric? It actually has a little more yellow in it than it is shown here. :)
Bonni, That is Beautiful Fabric! love it! :mrgreen: :thumbup: :XD:
Old 02-05-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn
Bonni - I knew you would love the blue metallic - that's why I waited until I got it. I was going to do a dragon applique - but I think it was over my head. So I switched around and am doing something else. Still same fabrics.
How you coming with Ms Shawn's project? Get hers done first - I can wait if you are running late.
Ms. Shawn's project (are you reading this Ms. Shawn?) has been started, scratched, and started again. LOL. I messed up and it had to be restarted. The second go around (with different fabric) is coming along (thanks ConnieQuilts). Connie hleped me to get the main top done. Have to do the border yet and then sandwich and quilt. I have to go to the fabric shop to get another material for the border. I keep forgetting to take the project with me to see what fabric will go.

YOUR project though, Dee, is coming along. I'm working on the third block (out of four) and already have the material for the sashing, border, and binding.

Dragon? you were going to do a dragon? How awesome. I know what you mean about it being beyond scope. I have to do one (in greens) for a friend of mine and I was thinking of the same thing. Did you have a pattern? I'd love to see it.
Yes I am reading this and yours sound's so much more beautiful than mine will be but I am trying! It should be done soon. :thumbup: :XD: :mrgreen:
Oh Shawn! I am going to LOVE what you will make for me. We are our own worst enemies when it comes to critiquing our stuff. *I* don't think my stuff is very good. The one that I am making you doesn't look as complicated as the one I am making Dream56 but it has given me more headaches and nightmares than ANY applique does. Still I'm plugging along at it and it should be done soon. When I get yours I will remember that every stitch is just that much precious because you shared it and we are ALL on a learning curve.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn

Oh Shawn! I am going to LOVE what you will make for me. We are our own worst enemies when it comes to critiquing our stuff. *I* don't think my stuff is very good. The one that I am making you doesn't look as complicated as the one I am making Dream56 but it has given me more headaches and nightmares than ANY applique does. Still I'm plugging along at it and it should be done soon. When I get yours I will remember that every stitch is just that much precious because you shared it and we are ALL on a learning curve.
Perhaps you need another sneak preview of your project. Ok, it's not much of a sneak preview. (grins)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-135729.jpe
Views:	30
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	135734  
Old 02-05-2011, 08:05 AM

Bonni - your fabrics for Ms Shawn are gorgeous and I'm sure your projects are the greatest too.

I keep getting sidetracked from sewing so I'm going to need to get yours done. Trying for Monday to finish (I hope).
Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 AM

I love this snowman! I am a beginner quilter and I really want to learn applique! Great job!
Originally Posted by snownannie
Here is a picture of the beautiful wallhanging and things that I received from Rusty's Mama. Excuse my messy sewing room.Disregard the date my camera is 2 days off and I can't figure out how to fix it.
Snownannie
Old 02-05-2011, 02:36 PM

Do you ever have that type of life where you plan things and then life says: hahahahahahahahahahaha

Well anyway, I have Jenniky's wall hanging done and it will be going in the mail Monday.

I even put on the hanging sleeve (ugh)!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
Do you ever have that type of life where you plan things and then life says: hahahahahahahahahahaha

Well anyway, I have Jenniky's wall hanging done and it will be going in the mail Monday.

That's awesome Im so excited to see it. I took yours to the UPS office today. They said it should arrive around Feb 8th. I so hope you like it :) This was alot of fun. I look forward to future swaps.

Have an awesome day Connie :)
Old 02-05-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts

Gasp! YOU put on the hanging sleeve? Jenniky you don't know how honored you should be for that. She HATES doing that.

Bonni
Old 02-06-2011, 06:22 AM

Here is the beautiful placemats and tablemat that Nancy made for me. Nancy yours will be sent on Monday, Thanks for understanding.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-70709.jpe
Views:	30
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	70714