Other Hobbies..??

Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Now, that I have retired I have returned to art. I used to draw with charcoal and I also used pastels and oils. I am now taking a watercolor art class. So much fun,
Old 02-05-2011, 09:33 AM

With all our collecting and hobbies I can see that none of us will ever by bored. I collected dolls from foreign countries and a few from different states, haven't added to that collection for many years. I also have a Santa collection that my sons say I need to build a room just for them and keep them out all year long. However, I've become a bit lazy and don't get them all out even at Christmas. I knit, crochet, do counted crosstitch, read, flower garden, piece quilt tops and longarm quilt. Before colored photos were the rule I tinted photos for a photo studio. Always wanted to learn to paint and take art classes but probably never will.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 AM

Wow, everyone is soooo interesting!!! I like to garden, cook, make wine and hunt(esp Turkeys). Love anything that involves the outdoors.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:42 AM

I collect autographs, but as for other hobbies I love fishing, swimming and reading.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by retired2
I love Swedish weaving, but only know one other who does that. I love Tams book or patterns and used them to make many aghans. Do you have a favorite author or do you make up your own pattersn.
There is a great group on Yahoo of Swedish Weavers. I do some designing but also use Avery, Sandra, Katherine Kennedy, and Lisa Clark. Do you know about the web site Monks Cloth and more?

The wall hanging is also Swedish Weaving.

Train for my SIL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140225[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-140220.jpe
Views:	7
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	140225  
Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 AM

I like unicorns and carousel horses in all shapes and forms.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:37 AM

I began collecting porcelain shoes when my aunt passed away and my uncle gave me the pair she had brought with her from Sweden. That was the beginning. Now I have 160+. It used to be I could go into an antique store and purchase an antique, but now so many replicas that I have to be very careful. Then there was a time I could never find any. Then came all the little shoes you could even buy in the Dollar store. I also collect porcelain hands. I like to read, I've made 3 cookbooks, I crochet and have made many afghans and given as gifts, I embroider, flower and vegetable garden and of course quilt.
Rita
Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 AM

Over the years I have tried many things: crocheting, knitting, cross stitch, home dec, garment sewing, etc. Reading used to be a big hobby, but once I started on a good book I couldn't put it down and therefore would be up all night and couldn't get anything done the next day.
My latest hobby is quilting; I really enjoy making purses. No list would be complete with adding this Quilt Board. It takes up waaaaay too much of my time, but I love it!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 AM

I also knit, some crochet (when my hand lets me), scrapbooking, card making, machine embroidery, love being outside and piddling in the yard.. gardening and such..

I used to go camping all the time (with X husband) and we did that every weekend. I love to go floating down the river on an intertube. It's so relaxing.. can't do canoes as they hurt my butt even with a cushion :lol:
Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 AM

crochet,and I like to cook and bake