Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
EQ7 Complete for $132 at Eleanor Burns.com >

EQ7 Complete for $132 at Eleanor Burns.com

EQ7 Complete for $132 at Eleanor Burns.com

Old 02-05-2011, 09:16 AM

Good price on your EQ7. I was supposed to take a class at a local quilt shop today (Saturday, Feb. 5) to learn about EQ7 but we had freezing rain during the night so I did not go. Snow is one thing but ice is a no-go for me.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:34 AM

I'm thinking of buying EQ7....can you use a pattern that you've bought and see what your fabrics will look like.......I have such a hard time envisioning what a pattern will look like with different fabrics......I guess what I'm wondering is, if you can scan in a pattern or duplicate a pattern you already have and see what the different fabrics and colors would look like.....hope I'm not too confusing...
Old 02-05-2011, 09:37 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by barbt
what is an EQ7? I went to the web site and could not find it. Feel so dumb.
Electric Quilt (design software), Version 7

http://electricquilt.com/
Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by MTS
Just keep in mind that EQ5 is NOT directly upgradeable to EQ7.
Replying to my own post. How pathetic.

But look what I just found:
http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ5toEQ7.asp

I don't know exactly how much the offer is, but it would be worth checking if someone
A) already had a copy of EQ5
or
B) was looking to pick up a really cheap version of EQ5 and then upgrade to EQ7 with this offer (if the total was less than $132 plus shipping on the EB site).

NAYY.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by MTS
Just keep in mind that EQ5 is NOT directly upgradeable to EQ7.
Replying to my own post. How pathetic.

But look what I just found:
http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ5toEQ7.asp

I don't know exactly how much the offer is, but it would be worth checking if someone
A) already had a copy of EQ5
or
B) was looking to pick up a really cheap version of EQ5 and then upgrade to EQ7 with this offer (if the total was less than $132 plus shipping on the EB site).

NAYY.
Well I filled out the email and will let you know what the price etc. is. I haven't even used the EQ5, I don't know if I would use the EQ7. They say it is much easier the the 5. I wish someone had a class close to me so I could learn it. I suppose I could use the tute that came with it huh??
Old 02-05-2011, 09:57 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by featherweight
Well I filled out the email and will let you know what the price etc. is. I haven't even used the EQ5, I don't know if I would use the EQ7. They say it is much easier the the 5. I wish someone had a class close to me so I could learn it. I suppose I could use the tute that came with it huh??
Thanks. I didn't have a valid EQ5 serial number to send them.

I've heard good things about the QU classes.

But, really, using the included lessons/videos really would get you started on designing simple layouts, and getting used to using the block/color/placements tools.

I'm not a "master" in EQ (I've got version 6) but I've managed to design some pretty complex quilts. And while I'm not mathematically challenged ;) , it's very helpful for just quickly figuring out potential quilt sizes without paper and pencil.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by featherweight
Thanks. I didn't have a valid EQ5 serial number to send them.

I've heard good things about the QU classes.

But, really, using the included lessons/videos really would get you started on designing simple layouts, and getting used to using the block/color/placements tools.

I'm not a "master" in EQ (I've got version 6) but I've managed to design some pretty complex quilts. And while I'm not mathematically challenged ;) , it's very helpful for just quickly figuring out potential quilt sizes without paper and pencil.
I just need to make myself set down long enough to read and do the workbook. I seem to have to many irons in the fire, if you know what I mean.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:50 PM

The upgrade special price for EQ from 5 to 7 is $150! I got my response back and bought an "upgrade" for 6 instead on this board.

I don't know if I will use it enough to warrant the higher price. Version 6 is more user friendly, in my opinion, than 5.

I can use the help with the fabric choices and combination of blocks that the software provides. I also like the EQ Simplified books for lessons.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnmore
The upgrade special price for EQ from 5 to 7 is $150! I got my response back and bought an "upgrade" for 6 instead on this board.

I don't know if I will use it enough to warrant the higher price. Version 6 is more user friendly, in my opinion, than 5.

I can use the help with the fabric choices and combination of blocks that the software provides. I also like the EQ Simplified books for lessons.
Thank You, I haven't heard back yet.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:56 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltnmore
The upgrade special price for EQ from 5 to 7 is $150!
Meh.