Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures. >

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:05 AM

Great job on all the houses!! I started mine yesterday at a bee sew day, but too much chitchatting, thus mistakes, and froging, so I put it away. Will try again today.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
I finished my farmhouse today. I'd thought about skipping this one because, not knowing my final layout, I wasn't sure I wanted to have any grass or trees, or if I only wanted houses themselves in my quilt. I'm so glad I made it anyway. I really love how it turned out.

I used to bypass any quilt pattern that had pp because I didn't know how to do it and was too intimidated to give it a try. After these first two BOM blocks, I now feel confident that I could try just about anything that comes my way. I think that's really added to my fun here. :-D :-D
So cute and the plaids you picked work so well and you lined up the lines so well. I usually try to stay away from anything with lines but looking at all yours I might give it a try...Very well done
Old 02-06-2011, 06:22 AM

This is my farmhouse block...a little crooked. This is my second attempt at pp'ing and I didn't have any trouble with the church, but I did with this farm house. I might redo it later, but for now, this is it! Everyone is doing a wonderful job, as usual. This is really a lot of fun and am looking forward to the next one...also am doing the star BOM.

Little crooked farm house
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70448[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-70443.jpe
Views:	14
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	70448  
Old 02-06-2011, 06:28 AM

Sewcornie- love your plaids and very cute church and farmhouse
LauraF- very colorful house so cute
Surfergirl- Very pretty farm houselove your fabric choices!!! cute kitty in the yard
Old 02-06-2011, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
This is my farmhouse block...a little crooked. This is my second attempt at pp'ing and I didn't have any trouble with the church, but I did with this farm house. I might redo it later, but for now, this is it! Everyone is doing a wonderful job, as usual. This is really a lot of fun and am looking forward to the next one...also am doing the star BOM.
Just lovely!!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:30 AM

[quote=sew cornie]I finished my farmhouse today. I'd thought about skipping this one because, not knowing my final layout, I wasn't sure I wanted to have any grass or trees, or if I only wanted houses themselves in my quilt. I'm so glad I made it anyway. I really love how it turned out.

I used to bypass any quilt pattern that had pp because I didn't know how to do it and was too intimidated to give it a try. After these first two BOM blocks, I now feel confident that I could try just about anything that comes my way. I think that's really added to my fun here. :-D :-D[/quo

I really love your blocks. They look even better--together:)
Old 02-06-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
very cute...and for your second attempt... doesn't look like it.
I'm with you, also belong to Stars...have you ck out the one that starts on the 8th Balt Quilt.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Originally Posted by Laura F
This block was a lot of fun to make. I'm not really sure yet of what to do for boarders, but I'm thinking of adding a black boarder to all of my house blocks.
What a great farm house block!! :thumbup: I think a black border would be wonderful. Did you see the house block with the dark brown border? It really made it pop!! Good work.
:D :D :D :D
Thank you. I did see the brown boarder and loved it. My DH said that black would make the colors pop.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by sandyl
sewcornie I love the fact you used plaids and stripes. So clever of you, it turned out wonderful.

Laura your's is so colorful. The apple tree and lawn are wonderful.
Still haven't attempted to do mine, I just have a hard time with PP. I also feel that if I can do this one, I can do any others. This one is very intimidating. So many small pieces.
There are a lot of small pieces, but you can do it. I did a lot of pinning and checking before I sewed. :) I think for my next farm I will stay away from directional fabric. :thumbup:
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 AM

Sufergirl - Looks great to me, where did you find the fabric for the sidewalk?