Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart, in works to make changes >

Walmart, in works to make changes

Walmart, in works to make changes

Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 AM

Our WM moved and so I haven't been to the new one yet as it is further away. Never did buy to much fabric at WM anyway.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:05 AM

Well it never hurts to try, I sent an email about bringing back the fabric dept at our local Wally and received a very negative response about it. So I will continue to shop elsehwere for my fabric instead of at Wally. Sad when I worked for Wal Mart, Sam was more just when he was alive. Now its all profits and look what it got them!! OH well, just bring back the fabric, lower the prices and they will come Wal-Mart!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:05 AM

The Walmart store in my area has fabric but the thread count and quality is not good. If I'm going to spend my time and especially if I'm giving it away; I want good fabric that will wash and last. I too have noticed prices are going up. I will start using my stash more.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM

They sell sale fabic at my local walmart, its so much cheaper then our LFS.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Wal-Mart in Trenton/Lawrenceville/Princeton at Nassau Park is closing. They had a 25% off sale, raised the prices by $1.00 then marked the fabric down to 50%. The fabric should be down to 75% next week...then I'll buy some and say good-bye.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:56 AM

I wrote to Wal Mart head office in Arkansas about them removing the fabric from their stores.

The answer I received was, "We have not had enough people rquesting the fabric to be restored. If we have a lot of customer's asking for it to be returned, we will take it under advisement".

Everyone needs to write to them so we get the fabric line back in the stores.

Phaedra
Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM

I totally agree... I sent the corporate office an email this morning. Everyone on here needs to do the same. type in Wal Mart into search engine and go to bottom of page where it says contact us Hopefully everyone on here will consider doing this.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gabs
Originally Posted by Joeysnana
My local WM still has fabric but it is such poor quality I won't buy it. The only other fabric store nearby is Joann's and their quality also leaves a lot to be desired. I now mainly shop online sales and get much better quality.
I mostly shop online as well. Have not had any problems until my last order. Bought a Hoffman Batik FQ 20 pack. All were cut wonky and one FQ even had stitches where someone had sewn on the fat quarter. I am really shocked. I've spent a lot of money at this online quilt shop and am really surprised by the sloppiness of this order. I feel sorry for the shop owner if she does not know. She/he will lose a lot of business if this continues.
I hope you have or will contact the owner with your concerns. She/he may well not know about it and will probably be more than happy to make it right for you.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:16 PM

I sent an email to "Contact" on the WalMart.com site just now, and it looks as if it was going to be sent to the local WalMart that I shop in. Does anyone have a direct email address that will go to the head corporate office? Maybe we can get a grass roots email campaign going to the corporate office via this site and through all our local quilt guild members across the country and they "might" listen to us.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:17 PM

Our walmart still has fabric. It is very small though. I think it will be gone in a short time. Like others have said it is the same fabric they have had for years.. Quality is not the greatest. The fabric dept. doen't even have any appeal to me anymore. Back in the day... I couldn't wait to get there to go to the fabric dept. When I worked at our old Walmart I spent alot of my lunch or break time in the fabric dept. Not anymore,I have more in my stash than they have on the shelves. Also I just don't think that those in the corporate offices even care. If you ever worked for Wm I think you would agree. Maybe now some other fabric stores will open BACK up and we will have a bigger and better fabric dept... One can hope...