Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
HI from Kentucky! >

HI from Kentucky!

HI from Kentucky!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:55 PM

You know that we have the absolute best Mexican food here in California!!! It is just not the same anywhere else!!! Another thing you can't get other places is Tri-tip! My father-in-law moved to Texas and that is what he misses most, good mexican food and tri-tip, and hopefully he missed his grandkids as well!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by deerviewquilting
Where in SoCal did you live? We were in Huntington Beach. I really miss it in the winter. 20 degree and snow on the ground. I long for the 65 degrees. :)
I'll be posting some pictures soon. I have a full custom for a LQS on the frame right now, can't wait to finish it. Then maybe I'll have time to finish my own quilts for Christmas! HA!
I lived in southern OC for 32 years, mostly in Lake Forest. I also lived in Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, RSM, and Laguna Hills. Loved taking the kids to Newport Beach when they were little. Miss the Mexican food (Roberto's) Coffee Bean and Tea leaf and PF Chang's - pretty much all restaurants in So Cal. (Don't tell the locals here, but most food here is like truck stop food.)

I had a Lake Forest neighbor who moved to Louisville, so KY must be a magnet state for people who want to get out of Cali. I wanted to get out for a long time. Crowded, people are unfriendly and snobby, prices were ridiculous, and the traffic!!! I lived real close to where the "Real Housewive of OC" live, and let me tell you, they are not acting on that show.

I miss the easiness of gardening there and cooking with gas most. I could grow anything in my yard. Out here you could spend 100% of your time trying to keep the weeds and fire ants down!

I think I went to M and L's once. I was hooked on Material Possessions and Leah's more than any other quilt shops though.

Glad to have you here!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:30 PM

Hi Karen, an official welcome from Georgia. It is nice to have you with us.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:08 PM

hello from nebo, n.c. like the others said u will meet alot of nice and friendly people on here well i am a mommy of 4 3 of them r boys from the aged of 20 , 17, 11 and a girl 19 and i am in my late 30's so holler at me some times and my husband is from ky.. bell co..
Old 12-27-2008, 04:57 AM

:) :)

Hi from PA! I have 4 kiddos from (8-15). The little one will celebrate her birthday this week!!! I'm into quilting & sewing big time! I work 2 part-time jobs, but am starting home business (quilting & making all types of memory quilts). There are a few long arm quilters around here, but not that I couldn't make some $ doing what I love and no one that I know of that does memory quilts (which I also love to do!)

What a wonderful age - 3!. I miss my kids being that age (it's a different type of busy!!)

Hope to hear from you again!
Roseann
Old 12-27-2008, 05:08 AM

You do beautiful work and I enjoyed looking at your web site. Lucky you to have a long arm! Post more pictures.