Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
OBW a Picture I promised I would post >

OBW a Picture I promised I would post

OBW a Picture I promised I would post

Old 02-08-2011, 12:02 AM

Like a few others, I immediately saw dandelions. But after reading this thread I see snowflakes too.

Love it!!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:04 AM

I really like this... I say finish it off... it's truly pretty
Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 AM

Thank you!That's cool.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:48 AM

I like it.....wall hanging??
Old 02-08-2011, 03:15 AM
k3n
Power Poster

As many have said it's very pretty but I think maybe YOU wanted a more 'OBW-like' OBW - if you know what I mean! The reasons I think that yours isn't is that there isn't enough variation in the print and the background areas are too open and indistinct, giving you too many blocks the same. I don't say this to hurt your feelings but am trying to offer constructive criticism as I think that's what you were asking for.

I would add another border in a slightly darker blue or green to pull out those colours more in the centre, or even just bind in one of those colours if you don't want it any bigger. Meandering FMQ is just the job for quilting. It's a pretty quilt, just let it be what it is and try next time!

My first OBW was the same - I chose too small a print and not enough colour variation and was disppaointed with it as it wasn't like the striking ones in the books and on here. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20904-1.htm Here it is, barely different to the original fabric but now doing a turn as a throw on the old couch in my son's bedroom!

Since then I've gone on to make more (lots more!) and am getting much better at visualising how a fabric will disect. Just takes practice! :-D :-D :-D
Old 02-08-2011, 03:17 AM

A pregancy center would love it! I have a friend who helps out & she's a quilter also.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:56 AM

I love it!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Patchwork Pam
I love it. It is not as busy as most of the obw. It looks like a beautiful summer day in the garden.
I agree!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:16 AM

Thank you, I do appreciate the comments. I saw it on the board and bought a piece of on sale fabric. I will try again. I will also-donate this one.
Originally Posted by k3n
As many have said it's very pretty but I think maybe YOU wanted a more 'OBW-like' OBW - if you know what I mean! The reasons I think that yours isn't is that there isn't enough variation in the print and the background areas are too open and indistinct, giving you too many blocks the same. I don't say this to hurt your feelings but am trying to offer constructive criticism as I think that's what you were asking for.

I would add another border in a slightly darker blue or green to pull out those colours more in the centre, or even just bind in one of those colours if you don't want it any bigger. Meandering FMQ is just the job for quilting. It's a pretty quilt, just let it be what it is and try next time!

My first OBW was the same - I chose too small a print and not enough colour variation and was disppaointed with it as it wasn't like the striking ones in the books and on here. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20904-1.htm Here it is, barely different to the original fabric but now doing a turn as a throw on the old couch in my son's bedroom!

Since then I've gone on to make more (lots more!) and am getting much better at visualising how a fabric will disect. Just takes practice! :-D :-D :-D
Old 02-08-2011, 04:19 AM

The first thing I thought of was Spring. I really like it.